Driving from San franciso to DFW..Any advice ?

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Guys,

I am driving next week from California San franciso to DFW

whats the best route ? i know I-40 is a good route but i Hear I-10 via phoenix is also good.
2-What do I realistically need - some tool box? spare hoses ? coolant ?
3- Do I Need to stop at Weight station or Keep any logs ?
4 - Do I Need a medical card and do i need USDot and all those numbers

I just bought the truck as stated in an earlier thread -

https://www.expeditersonline.com/forums/forums/truck-talk.8/

Box truck

Hansen Josif

Rookie Expediter
Driver
No from my driving experience you do not need to stop @any port of entry put for coolant & tool box it's up to you but hope you don't break Dawn no log nothing good luck

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lets see just made the trip a couple weeks ago from Dallas to LA. Replaced battery in Dallas, Coolant Hose in Phoenix and cam sensor in LA so all is well now. Always helps to have spare parts if you have budget and extra room to carry them. Take the route with the least miles and or route with best cities to stop and get a bite and a affordable $50 hotel if you have time. I'll be flying out to get my truck next week and run CA to Tx. Yes so much downtime to book out the next load I had to fly home with my amazing $120 round trip flight deal (not to mention free parking in Vegas!) from friend who works at frontier. Safe travels enjoy the ride!

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
thank you for the feedback. So from what I gather here, I only need my insurance , Registration and Bill of sale paperwork and the temporary tags.

I Dont need

- To log
-Go through scales

Lets see just made the trip a couple weeks ago from Dallas to LA. Replaced battery in Dallas, Coolant Hose in Phoenix and cam sensor in LA so all is well now. Always helps to have spare parts if you have budget and extra room to carry them. Take the route with the least miles and or route with best cities to stop and get a bite and a affordable $50 hotel if you have time. I'll be flying out to get my truck next week and run CA to Tx. Yes so much downtime to book out the next load I had to fly home with my amazing $120 round trip flight deal (not to mention free parking in Vegas!) from friend who works at frontier. Safe travels enjoy the ride!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
thank you for the feedback. So from what I gather here, I only need my insurance , Registration and Bill of sale paperwork and the temporary tags.

I Dont need

- To log
-Go through scales
I only drive a van but I'm not sure about logging or scaling, I think you might need to with that truck.

Reactions: Kip life

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
U gotta scale the truck an u can get away from logging if u put not for hire on it I believe

This thingy majiggy

Reactions: Kip life