First month in the books.

alexmj616

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Well I have my first month of expediting in the books. 12,502 miles(also had 4 days home time last weekend), 1 break down, 1 winter storm, and umteen days of below freezing temps. But am I mad? Nope, it was exactly what I expected.
To be honest the most annoying part to me is staying warm when I'm sitting. I have a generator and space heater in van, but it just isn't good enough to me. It's only a 1.3 gallon tank, so it doesn't last as long as I want it to but oh well.
I see alot of you out here, almost every truck stop I stop at or pass by has vans fueling up or sitting. I am amazed at how many of us there is, and I look forward to meeting some of you down the road.
DRIVE SAFE!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You ran 12.5K miles in a month, is that loaded miles? Do you get paid for all miles?

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This topic never ceases to amaze me. Miles vs rate per mi. Would you rather run 3,000 mi at .60 per mi or 2,000 mi at .90 per mi? It's all about the rate people!
Well done grasshopper!

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If your a company driver like the OP, it's all about the miles ;)
Perhaps ...
I've always viewed it differently. No matter who you are in this industry .. employee, owner/opportunity, fleet owner, whatever .. I always think it's about the rate.

Maybe this is a more applicable example: Company driver A makes .35 per mi, company driver B makes .40 per mi ... who would you rather be?

Large miles figures have never impressed me. Want to talk about the rate you made on those miles?

I understand this was his first month & I commended the performance. Gotta learn the ropes, right? But beyond that, nothing to get excited about.

alexmj616

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Perhaps ...
I've always viewed it differently. No matter who you are in this industry .. employee, owner/opportunity, fleet owner, whatever .. I always think it's about the rate.

Maybe this is a more applicable example: Company driver A makes .35 per mi, company driver B makes .40 per mi ... who would you rather be?

Large miles figures have never impressed me. Want to talk about the rate you made on those miles?

I understand this was his first month & I commended the performance. Gotta learn the ropes, right? But beyond that, nothing to get excited about.

I don't understand what your trying to say...I get .35 cents a mile for ALL loaded miles, whether the company is getting 1.50 per mile or .85 per mile....so yes, I am all about getting as many miles as I can, and could care less what the company got per mile.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I don't understand what your trying to say...I get .35 cents a mile for ALL loaded miles, whether the company is getting 1.50 per mile or .85 per mile....so yes, I am all about getting as many miles as I can, and could care less what the company got per mile.
Keep doing what works for you as long as you're happy

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

Reactions: jcochristoph