Filing 1099 with deductions myself via turbotax?

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
Does anyone do this versus getting a person or company to do it for you? Seems like its going to be an extra few hundred that I really don't have to waste so I'm looking into doing it with turbotaxes independent contractor 1099 something software that's only $50 to use.

I have a spreadsheet of all of my earnings, total gas cost, other business expenses, days where I can claim per diem, etc all ready to go with all the receipts to back them up if audited.

Does anybody use this? is it relatively simple?

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've been using Turbo Tax home business (or what ever it's called) for last 4-5 years. Love it.
...very simple. Walks you through everything. Or like me I know where I need to go now and jump right to it.

HR Bock big thumbs down.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
I've been using Turbo Tax home business (or what ever it's called) for last 4-5 years. Love it.
...very simple. Walks you through everything. Or like me I know where I need to go now and jump right to it.

HR Bock big thumbs down.

for someone who never itemized before (only W2's in past) is it pretty simple and straightforward to understand?

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
for someone who never itemized before (only W2's in past) is it pretty simple and straightforward to understand?

2f2b212475b10f3c413076cb9bbaf76e.jpg

But really, you can complete your entire return without paying anything upfront. If you have problems that they can't help you with, then you could go elsewhere. It is very straight forward and will walk you step by step if needed. Worth a try.

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
Anyone use CreditKarma Tax? Seems to be totally free even with itemizing and such