Trump Backlash Turns Mexicans Against Nafta

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
‘United For Mexico. Buy Mexican Goods’....
Trump’s pledge to rewrite the trade pact doesn’t go far enough for them. It should be scrapped entirely.

“The U.S. is not the only country in this world -- why are we clinging to them like an umbilical cord?”

“They can raise the tallest wall in the world, in fact they should. They can keep their burgers and fast food, their junk culture,” he said, peering out from behind stacks of magazines, coloring books and cigarette packets. “I think most of us feel the same way -- this is an opportunity. We are such a big country that this will help us activate our domestic economy.”

Give Trump credit, he added. “This man did something right. He united us.”

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Trump’s pledge to rewrite the trade pact doesn’t go far enough for them. It should be scrapped entirely.

“The U.S. is not the only country in this world -- why are we clinging to them like an umbilical cord?”

“They can raise the tallest wall in the world, in fact they should. They can keep their burgers and fast food, their junk culture,” he said, peering out from behind stacks of magazines, coloring books and cigarette packets. “I think most of us feel the same way -- this is an opportunity. We are such a big country that this will help us activate our domestic economy.”

yet you like making money here,he won and he wa rite ,now that the shoe is on the other foot you al don't like the change that's coming ,but we all had to take osupids hope and chang ,do the American people a favor and stay home.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

to whom you be addressing?....the Mexicans?
yet you like making money here,he won and he wa rite ,now that the shoe is on the other foot you al don't like the change that's coming ,but we all had to take osupids hope and chang ,do the American people a favor and stay home.

JCH

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
OVM you seem to push harsh topics !!!!
By the way I'm cool with that.

The fact is that with out the us economy Mexico has very few customers to deal with there world markets are us as I see it and we are going to bring them home it looks like so their losing job and factories and that guy just doesn't see it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
OVM you seem to push harsh topics !!!!
By the way I'm cool with that.

The fact is that with out the us economy Mexico has very few customers to deal with there world markets are us as I see it and we are going to bring them home it looks like so their losing job and factories and that guy just doesn't see it yet.

Thanks....I am not clouded by the fog of the Stars and Bars syndrome...Patriotism and business is akin to family and business..can make for some bad decisions...
This Mexican President is outgoing....the new prospect has Trump mindset and very ProMexican and has campaigned on getting off being US dependent and finding other markets ...

Keep in Mind at no time has Trump said ALL jobs will return....he just wants a better deal...if even 100 jobs come back its a win for the US and he will be doing the happy dance on Twitter!...LOL

JCH

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
Agreed on new Mexican president he should be pro mexican and we should support it
I think that we are already way pas 100 jobs saved and or created

Now patriotism and business?..... I certainly see your point on an increased possibility for bad decisions but in today's world the patriots are driving the change in business aren't they

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Agreed on new Mexican president he should be pro mexican and we should support it
I think that we are already way pas 100 jobs saved and or created

Now patriotism and business?..... I certainly see your point on an increased possibility for bad decisions but in today's world the patriots are driving the change in business aren't they

hmmm...are they patriots? or just savvy businessmen using the patriot mantra to advance their profit margins....Americans are usually suckers for any notion of patriot ideas....and that is not a bad thing...but it can tilt the famous level playing field..just saying

JCH

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
Absolutely OVM it can and has been misused in the past and it might happen again

I must keep in mind that in this case the cause of America first is hand in hand with the patriot frame it f mind and the problems of the past they were not in line with each other

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Absolutely OVM it can and has been misused in the past and it might happen again

I must keep in mind that in this case the cause of America first is hand in hand with the patriot frame it f mind and the problems of the past they were not in line with each other

Opinion is just that... not wrong nor right just opinion of an individual...
Great talking to you Sir

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
But I think the American business person (let's be political correct )lol
Is starting to wake up if you keep moving jobs out of America that it reduces your sales in America because you less people can afford your products

Reactions: Turtle

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
But I think the American business person (let's be political correct )lol
Is starting to wake up if you keep moving jobs out of America that it reduces your sales in America because you less people can afford your products

The thing is, they knew that it would mean less money for people to buy their products, the plan was to increase the government benefits for the poor, to offset them moving jobs out of the country.

The conservatives like to say it's the democrats fault for increasing the "distribution of wealth" but they need to take a step back, see the bigger picture and actually see it's more like "concentration of wealth"

I really doubt trump is going to make that big of a difference, we may get a few jobs back but in the long run, if he keeps on this path, the people who will lose money will take care of him. Remember someone with power (money) will do anything they need to to keep their power (money).

Reactions: Ragman

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That and there is only really 2 American car makers left in this country.., Ford and Gm. All others are here by the good graces of other countries investing in America... not the other way around... if Trump pushes too hard he runs the risk of having them all go offshore again and put 100,000's out of work and just pay the import duties like they used too... and still make money
With no legislation pending and congress recessing for summer break in the not too far future I see 2017 as a wash..., the CEO' s wont show their hands now till they actually see money on the table IMO