Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I will be on Woodward tonight for sure!
I kind of figured that!

bb2ae40e208f3f9b5798421d231f32ca.jpg

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Maybe next year the chevelle will be finished in time.
'96 Nissan 300ZX 66K mi. - 5 spd. - nope not Twin Turbo, like Dad's first one - yes, T Top - Premium Fuel, Boo!
Folk's bought her in '97. My brother inherited her after Dad's death and then sold her to me in '09. He asked me if I wanted to drive her one last time before he sold her. Still had Dad's pack of Wrigley's, Bayer Aspirin Container, Tooth Picks...tears ran down my face...no, you're not selling her to a stranger. She's mine.
I don't drive her in the winter as I want her to stay with me till the end. I keep her trickle-charged.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
That's cool, we have a last model year " 1997 "
Cougar XR-7. Last year and the 30 aniversary year for the rear wheel drive. 35k miles on it, V8, rear spoiler, 16" tires big brakes and a 3:37 rear axle. They offered a sport option that year as an alternative to the but ugly 30th aniversary package so we chose the sport option. A much better looking package. We don't drive it much either and it's mostly all original with the exception of an exhaust system and a transmission and engine tune and a few other minor things you would never see. Been wanting to bring it to Woodward for along time now. Maybe one of these years !!!

Reactions: vandriver2

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's cool, we have a last model year " 1997 "
Cougar XR-7. Last year and the 30 aniversary year for the rear wheel drive. 35k miles on it, V8, rear spoiler, 16" tires big brakes and a 3:37 rear axle. They offered a sport option that year as an alternative to the but ugly 30th aniversary package so we chose the sport option. A much better looking package. We don't drive it much either and it's mostly all original with the exception of an exhaust system and a transmission and engine tune and a few other minor things you would never see. Been wanting to bring it to Woodward for along time now. Maybe one of these years !!!
You should! Post a Pic please when you get the chance! Would love to see it! 35K, Wow

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Post a Pic of her please!?
Not much to see, body is off and being fixed at a body shop while I do the frame, like you my dad bought it new, my brother learned to drive with as did I, I drove it during high school, blew the engine up and it was parked in the garage, dad died in 1990, I got it a few years ago after mom said she was gonna scrap it.

Reactions: vandriver2

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not much to see, body is off and being fixed at a body shop while I do the frame, like you my dad bought it new, my brother learned to drive with as did I, I drove it during high school, blew the engine up and it was parked in the garage, dad died in 1990, I got it a few years ago after mom said she was gonna scrap it.
I'm glad you got ahold of it!!! The Memories are Golden huh? I can't wait to see it.
Mom and Dad would drive up and down the California Coast in retirement, Rte. 1, T-Top off, giggling, smiling all the way! I love how when I have it out parked in the driveway here and glance out at it my heart stops becuz for a split second my mind says "Dad's Here!!!".

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm glad you got ahold of it!!! The Memories are Golden huh? I can't wait to see it.
Mom and Dad would drive up and down the California Coast in retirement, Rte. 1, T-Top off, giggling, smiling all the way! I love how when I have it out parked in the driveway here and glance out at it my heart stops becuz for a split second my mind says "Dad's Here!!!".
He is.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yea I see my dad all over when I wander out to the shop, which has all his tools, work benches in it along with other toys of his,

Reactions: Ragman

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yea I see my dad all over when I wander out to the shop, which has all his tools, work benches in it along with other toys of his,
Isn't that nice...and he knew you'd have em!!!
Me too, Dad's and or Grandpa's (his dad). More than half I'll never use, just like the fact that I can see them and that they DID use them.
Towards his last 6 years I could tell there was a change by his workshop which was once tidy. The Prostate Cancer Cells had moved into his Lungs and lastly his brain. I watched him once try and back the ZX out of a curved driveway and it took him 7 tries. That was my first sign something was up with his brain function.
His final word to me beside him was "soon". Damn it! I know I still make him, them happy and proud of WHO I am...a reflection of what they instilled in me.
Ok, I gotta go mow the lawn, paint or wash the van...gotta shake my missing them.
Have a great Saturday Friends! Safe Driving please if that's where you are!

Reactions: fastman_1

kurtkaoss

Active Expediter
'96 Nissan 300ZX 66K mi. - 5 spd. - nope not Twin Turbo, like Dad's first one - yes, T Top - Premium Fuel, Boo!
Folk's bought her in '97. My brother inherited her after Dad's death and then sold her to me in '09. He asked me if I wanted to drive her one last time before he sold her. Still had Dad's pack of Wrigley's, Bayer Aspirin Container, Tooth Picks...tears ran down my face...no, you're not selling her to a stranger. She's mine.
I don't drive her in the winter as I want her to stay with me till the end. I keep her trickle-charged.

I used to own an '81 Datsun 280 ZX +2. Wish I would've never gotten rid if it...

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I used to own an '81 Datsun 280 ZX +2. Wish I would've never gotten rid if it...
Did you Kurt!!? Wow....what fun cars to drive! I'm sorry yours is gone.
I won't be selling mine....ever. Love getting my Shifting FIX.
When I get on it thru some turns, it's a blast and the closet thing to my old Electra Glide I sold a couple summers ago.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, next year is here.

The Dream Cruise is this weekend. Is the Chevelle finished?

Nope

Ok I'm home now let me expand a tad more on the chevelle, the 502 is in, the 5 speed is in, the reared was in but now back out it wasn't right. The chassis is together and gathering dust, I got the front clip back from the body shop, the rest of the body is still in the shop and slowly painfully slowly getting done. Mrs . Fast has gotten the interior under progress if she doesn't change her mind anymore it should be back here in a few weeks. The plan is when the snow flys to start putting it all back together in time for my oldest granddaughter to drive it to her high school graduation next year.

Last edited: