August Chit Chat

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yup, I'm in KC this morning. Having a real bed instead of my stupid cot makes a huge difference. Laid down just after midnight and slept straight through to 10:00. Up now and waiting for my next load. So far very happy with the Ford. More comfort, better fuel mileage, more capacity and saving a lot of money. With the microwave now I figure I'm saving about $50-$100 a week over using restaurants everyday. Florida last week, didn't need to get a room even in the upper 90's temps because the truck cooled down plenty for sleeping. Probably saved $100+ by not getting a couple rooms down there.

Between the ability to cook and store my own food, the lack of need for motels, better load opportunities and the increase in fuel mileage, I'm saving far more then what my loan payment is. Very happy about that and it's going exactly as I was hoping. It turned out to be a good business decision.
That is Vantastic Bill!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Location: Orangeberg SC after running back to back loads! now I am whacked Murray said SC was popping (His terminology) LOL trying to get some sleep for a sweet weekend run....if not the Walmart up in Rock Hill is very welcoming for CV's....:)

Reactions: Murraycroexp

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Location: Orangeberg SC after running back to back loads! now I am whacked Murray said SC was popping (His terminology) LOL trying to get some sleep for a sweet weekend run....if not the Walmart up in Rock Hill is very welcoming for CV's....:)
I didn't turn the ac on today so I'm sitting on the deck listening to the machines with their back up dingers flattening Coleman ave and swatting flies!

Reactions: vandriver2

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
11899790_942083505830138_2273296440959327934_n.jpg

Since being at Crossroads....:) Thank you Murray and Sally for having a carrier format I can wrap my head around!

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Wake up. Check.
Coffee. Check.
Pick up kids. Check.
Breakfast. Check.
Gotta go to Greenwood for niece's birthday party.
That place is good luck for loads. Seem to always book a load while visiting Sally's brother's family.

Laptop. In. Car. Check.