How long do you stay out ?

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Some carriers request it some people love out here full time what's the consensus of the group? I myself 20+ days out then home for 7-10 .
nu6y2a2y.jpg

Sent from my flying circus

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This year I've been off a total of 24 days, last year close to 110...It all depends on freight, wants, needs, and all that you factor in!

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
If I remember correctly, the most I've been out is 3 weeks, but that was back in the day when freight was plentiful. More recently, if Friday comes around and not a good chance of a load, I drive home. Cheaper that way than to stay out 3 days or more.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
Some carriers request it some people love out here full time what's the consensus of the group? I myself 20+ days out then home for 7-10 .
nu6y2a2y.jpg

Sent from my flying circus

We try to do 1-3 months pending the time of year. Minimum is a full month.

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
We left home last year right after Easter. Went home December 20th for Christmas and New Years. A little much. (Were off for a week in July for a family vacation, and went to the expo.)

Our owner would prefer at least 2 months out, then 2 weeks off. 2 weeks is way too much time off.

We're in a WG / TVAL ST. Big sleeper, most all the bells and whistles :) Makes it much easier to stay out longer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using EO Forums mobile app

TDave

Expert Expediter
Depends on what is going on with myself minimum of 4 weeks. My average is 6 to 10 weeks the 5 to 7 days off. Then repeat. ........

Sent from my LG-LS970 using EO Forums mobile app

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Usually 10 to 12 hours, depending on traffic.

Of course I do mostly out and backs.

mischievous-grin-smiley-emoticon.gif

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Never been out over 2 weeks. Usually home every weekend. I live in a good freight zone. Lots going in and coming out.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm mostly a out and back person, if the load is over 400 miles then I give it 24 hours before heading back home, being I live near Akron I stay busy.

Last edited:

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I stayed out about 25 to 28 days of the month. If I was close to home then I would home and still be in service.