VRU load opp results ?

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
Anybody know the VRU number combo to check load opp results on the VRU ? I saw the announcement in the fleet bulletin, tried it without success this morning.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
That's interesting. They told us it will be there but not how to access it. I usually call in and use 2 then 2. That tells if you have been dispatched on a load or if you are available.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Yeah, got load offer early this a.m. It's a predispatch, no idea if I got it, unless I call dispatch.

Don't you hate that.,
I guess that's why they improved the system. :)

What's worse is when they cancel a PD and fail to tell you.
I hate that more. ;(

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
On break, so I read the bulletin again.
All it says is listen to the entire message and do not hang up until prompted to.

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
On break, so I read the bulletin again.
All it says is listen to the entire message and do not hang up until prompted to.

Finally used this feature. When I got the offer via phone, I accepted it.. Then stayed on the line for a minute, and a recorded message told me that it had been dispatched to another vehicle. I think it only works when responding by phone, and I doubt it works when sending a counteroffer.

CCDriver

Active Expediter
What I would like to have is the ability to see who got the load and for what pay. Seems a little strange when you accept a load (that you've worked a price out on usualy) to have it cancel. Now I know loads do cancel but it does make you go HMMMMM???. Did they pull me off this load because they found a cheaper truck? At times it do seem a little fishy in Denmark. Like Dad always says check the books son, but Dad we're family. That just means check them twice as often.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Let's say Gary is #1 and I am number 2.
The offer comes out at 9:00.

I flip a coin and accept the load at 9:03.
Gary pulls out two years of spread sheets, checks fuel prices enroute, checks the barometric pressure in various cities, TV programming, and then flips a coin to respond at 09:09.

Do I have to remain on hold approximately 6-7 minutes to determine the results ?

Or, will I be rewarded for responding quicker ?

jamom123

Expert Expediter

Gary pulls out two years of spread sheets, checks fuel prices enroute, checks the barometric pressure in various cities, TV programming, and then flips a coin to respond at 09:09.

Do I have to remain on hold approximately 6-7 minutes to determine the results ?

From what i've heard as long as #1 responds in the allotted time they are suppose to get the load. Not sure though.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using EO Forums mobile app

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army

I had one where I was not first choice for the load. The message I received was that I would be notified of the result. Had another where I was first choice. Message told me I was dispatched.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using EO Forums mobile app

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
When B units used to be able to negotiate load pay it was common that a truck would except the load at the offered rate and I would not get the load. They will always give a load to a lower cost unit if competing