TravelCenter/Petro Expediter Rewards

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Its not really meant for van drivers Dan, gas or not. They have made that clear in the continued offerings. Seems decent for bigger trucks though. For vans the j card still seems the best route.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

Last edited:

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
How do I use my card to obtain my showers?
Members earn a shower credit for a cumulative purchase of 50 gallons of diesel or gas in a five consecutive day period. To redeem your shower credit, go to the kiosk and follow the screen prompts. You will be issued a "Shower Receipt" which will allow you to enter a shower room using either the entry code printed on the receipt or your UltraONE Expediter Club card.
From the T/A,Petro web site FAQ

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
How do I use my card to obtain my showers?
Members earn a shower credit for a cumulative purchase of 50 gallons of diesel or gas in a five consecutive day period. To redeem your shower credit, go to the kiosk and follow the screen prompts. You will be issued a "Shower Receipt" which will allow you to enter a shower room using either the entry code printed on the receipt or your UltraONE Expediter Club card.
From the T/A,Petro web site FAQ

runrunner,

Call 1-800-632-9240 and ask for Sharon. She will help you.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Its not really meant for van drivers Dan, gas or not.

When I called them, they said the card was meant for vans. I called because I wasn't getting shower credit for all the gallons I purchased. She said because I bought more than 50 gallons at a time I would get the credits the way the big trucks do, even though the terms of the expediter card said otherwise. She said I'd be better off with the regular ultra card, so that's what I have. Makes you wonder what good the expediter card is. The vans aren't happy with it, the straight trucks get no benefit...

noneya

Active Expediter
It seems as if the expediter card is no different from the regular ultra one card. The only difference is the color.

SENT FROM YA MAMA'S HOUSE

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
runrunner,

Call 1-800-632-9240 and ask for Sharon. She will help you.
Thanks Lawrence, I copied that from TA web site to show van drivers that T/A claims that they get shower credit's for gas or diesel. With the Expediter Card. I use the regular Ultra Card. When they don't get there credit I suspect a clerk is a fault,maybe they don't understand the program.

Last edited:

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Thanks Lawrence, I copied that from TA web site to show van drivers that T/A claims that they get shower credit's for gas or diesel. With the Expediter Card. I use the regular Ultra Card. When they don't get there credit I suspect a clerk is a fault,maybe they don't understand the program.

You are 100% correct.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
For most vans it means 3 fill ups in a five day period. Pretty restrictive 10 day period would be better.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No. Absolutely not. Forgetaboutit.

Way back in the "Reward yourself" thread, I got the message good and loud that my business, as the driver of a gasoline-powered van, wasn't particularly welcome at TA/Petro. So, I haven't set foot on their property since. It's going to take a wee bit more than a card with restrictive and hard-to access rewards to get me back. Remember, I can get anything that TA/Petro offers elsewhere. So, since my business was unwelcome--- nope, not gonna happen.

Edit; add-on: I find on looking back through old posts that my last time in a TA/Petro was just before the start of this year. I had already been thinking I wouldn't do it again, but a reply on another thread got me to thinking about it real serious. So, on January 1 it became official-- since they don't want my business anyway, never again.

Last edited:

noneya

Active Expediter
No. Absolutely not. Forgetaboutit.

Way back in the "Reward yourself" thread, I got the message good and loud that my business, as the driver of a gasoline-powered van, wasn't particularly welcome at TA/Petro. So, I haven't set foot on their property since. It's going to take a wee bit more than a card with restrictive and hard-to access rewards to get me back. Remember, I can get anything that TA/Petro offers elsewhere. So, since my business was unwelcome--- nope, not gonna happen.

Yeah, the pilot card is better for van drivers.

SENT FROM YA MAMA'S HOUSE

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I feel the need to add this, take it for what it's worth.

For the most part, I pretty much leave these "loyalty cards" alone. I have three at the moment from two different outfits, one from Speedway and two from Flying J, and that's about all I really intend to go in for. I note that a number of outfits are coming out with them now though. Last night I filled up at a Shell station, and they have "FRN" which apparently stands for "Fuel Rewards Network" or something similar. Swipe your card at the pump, the offer for this one is tempting-- a dollar off per gallon at least during the promotional period, all done at the pump.

Most everybody who has a loyalty card has at-the-pump service for adding points to your card. TA/Petro stands pretty much alone in insisting that non-diesel users have to go inside to a kiosk to do anything with the card, so that adds to time and hassle that nobody else makes you do.

Now we come to the point of this post. Remember I said that I don't feel particularly welcome taking my business to TA/Petro. Fergidaboud the card, that's neither here nor there since you can certainly get gas without it. My complaint about the unwelcome mat being rolled out there has nothing to do with any experience I had at a TA/Petro. Nope, it's right here on these forums. Go back to the beginning of the year and slightly before. I got the feeling that many "Billy Bob Big Rig" types don't want my van in their truck stop. They don't even try to disguise their hatred of us vanners, it's right out in the open. So, my thought is to leave y'all to your truck stop and take my business to a place maybe a trifle less hostile.