Rooftop AC installation into 06 Sprinter, Any RV centers that can do it Inexpensively

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm willing to travel but looking for someone in VA TN NC GA area. I have not purchased the ac unit yet so if there is a place that can offer a deal on the install I could buy it from them.

I'd consider going to Elkhart IN. Has anyone had one done into their sprinter and could suggest a good place to take it. I was going to do it myself but have decided to let someone who is experienced with cutting holes in roofs and supporting roofs take on the job. I got a quote for 3 hours at camping world. Thanks in advance!

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Re: Rooftop AC installation into 06 Sprinter, Any RV centers that can do it Inexpensi

brian @ espar of michigan. he can get you a unit and do the install and it will be done rite !!!!!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Re: Rooftop AC installation into 06 Sprinter, Any RV centers that can do it Inexpensi

Be careful with quotes places like camping world are used to replacing units which takes less time. If you have no wiring at the present you are looking at 400 - 500 dollars. Pay the price for quality work. After I deliver later I can; pm you info on where I bought my unit why and who did the install.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

Hightech_Hobo

Expert Expediter

I'll throw in another vote for Brian at espar.....honest guy and does good work for a fair price...may as well get the espar heater intstalled there too.....

...you weren't thinking of any thing other than an espar heater were you??......espar heater and a Honda Genset would be the first things to get for a new van!!

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Make that +2 for Brian. Good work, very honest, and I'm finding I don't need to be revived and treated for shock when I get the bill.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Thanks guys... I think I'm gunna knock it out at RV One in Elkhart IN when I get a load up there in the next week, sitting down here in VA for the weekend. RV Parts Nation has the AC I'm after the Coleman mach 3 PS and they will price match!

I'll still give Brian a call just to see what he says. I'm avoiding the espar for now. I heard they whistle a lot. I'm getting a heat strip on my ac and some good insulation. I'm getting of the road here in a few weeks so I'm just trying to make the rig as comfortable as possible for next driver taking over.

Last edited:

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Here's Brian's #... 734.735.6971

While I have no personal experience with the heat strip, what I've heard from those that have used them is 100% bad. They just don't perform well when it gets real cold.

Espars, on the other hand, totally rock!! 100% satisfaction from those I know that use them.

DCH474

Rookie Expediter

Here's Brian's #... 734.735.6971

While I have no personal experience with the heat strip, what I've heard from those that have used them is 100% bad. They just don't perform well when it gets real cold.

Espars, on the other hand, totally rock!! 100% satisfaction from those I know that use them.

Correct. I had a Coleman rooftop unit on my toy hauler, the AC worked well but the heat was ok at best. I found that a ceramic heater worked much better, and a lot quieter.

Just my .02

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Thanks guys... I think I'm gunna knock it out at RV One in Elkhart IN when I get a load up there in the next week, sitting down here in VA for the weekend. RV Parts Nation has the AC I'm after the Coleman mach 3 PS and they will price match!

I'll still give Brian a call just to see what he says. I'm avoiding the espar for now. I heard they whistle a lot. I'm getting a heat strip on my ac and some good insulation. I'm getting of the road here in a few weeks so I'm just trying to make the rig as comfortable as possible for next driver taking over.

They whistle, never heard that unless its the warm and cozy owners whistling happy tunes. If truly want to make it as comfortable as possible you would get an espar.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Big-Heat Heater by Broan-Nutone Llc : RV Parts Nation

Seems to be the standard in the RV world, you could run this with the heat strip from your roof top ac at the same time. I do like the the fact that the espar runs off the diesel fuel from the sprinter but 1500 dollars just to have a heater that you will use 4-5 months out of year. Makes the rooftop ac look like a bargain! :)

Hightech_Hobo

Expert Expediter

Big-Heat Heater by Broan-Nutone Llc : RV Parts Nation

Seems to be the standard in the RV world, you could run this with the heat strip from your roof top ac at the same time. I do like the the fact that the espar runs off the diesel fuel from the sprinter but 1500 dollars just to have a heater that you will use 4-5 months out of year. Makes the rooftop ac look like a bargain! :)

We'll talk about these savings when your by the lake in the upper penensula overnight in a 40 mile an hour wind at 5 below....

....being cold is not fun....this is not one of those area's where you try to save money and since a hole needs to be cut in the floor ...it is best to install during initial rigging...

TeamHutch

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator

I've read the roof top heat strips really don't work that well in temps below 40. We use a Walmart bought Honeywell heater in a 96" sleeper. It keeps it nice and toasty

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

With an espar you don't have to buy a Gen. Add that to the cost of air plus the higher fuel use cost and the air will cost more and be used less than the espar.

Johnp3337

Rookie Expediter

Any needing or wanting roof AC installed and are or thru Alabama. Mach 3 with heat, and wired up to 30amp breaker to run off a gen can be done for 1,895.00 been doing it several years. Warranty on everything.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Any needing or wanting roof AC installed and are or thru Alabama. Mach 3 with heat, and wired up to 30amp breaker to run off a gen can be done for 1,895.00 been doing it several years. Warranty on everything.

That's a pretty stiff price.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator

With an espar you don't have to buy a Gen. Add that to the cost of air plus the higher fuel use cost and the air will cost more and be used less than the espar.

Xiggi, I know that the espar uses diesel, but explain how it runs with out a gen? Doesn't have to run on some kind of power when in use?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Xiggi, I know that the espar uses diesel, but explain how it runs with out a gen? Doesn't have to run on some kind of power when in use?

It doesn't take anywhere near the power of say an air conditioner. Most run it off an aux battery, you can even run it off a starter battery but want to limit it to 8 hours or less to make sure your van starts.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator

It doesn't take anywhere near the power of say an air conditioner. Most run it off an aux battery, you can even run it off a starter battery but want to limit it to 8 hours or less to make sure your van starts.

Thanks Xiggi, im getting ready to buy a front bumper guard, maxxfan, and coleman polar cub 13500 but and have it on the van. Will have to wait until next year for the Honda Gen 3000 watt. Im already looking at the espar heater. Which one will I need to get?