About LRT Expedite

Status
Not open for further replies.

marius1979

Active Expediter
Hey there. Can somebody tell me what can I do to get my money from those guys: LRT Expedite. Is any hope???
I am o/o for cargo van and they owe me for 4 k miles.
Thanks

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Get a Lawyer and get in line,and learn from this Never Never Never let anybody owe you for that kind of miles,

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Do you retain copies of bills of lading? One thought, mentioned by another carrier's owner, is to go directly to the shipper to get paid.

Also, you might want to find out if the company owned anything. You can file a small claim in court, but I'd be willing to bet that the company owned little, if anything, that is collectible. Beyond that, you'd have to find out if the owner pierced their own corporate veil by commingling personal and business funds, as it was a corporation. If they did, then you could go after personal assets (money, vehicles, homes). It might take an attorney to do that for you. Not saying that it couldn't be done by you, it's just a lot of homework, for little reward. If I had to guess, you're probably never going to see that money. Again, a guess. If it were me, I'd start making someone's life a living he** until I got paid. Even if I never got paid, I'd do it just on principle. Matter of fact, I have, for a lot less.

Not rubbing salt in your wound, but how did you let this get so far? The only reason I ask is for someone who may be in a similar situation, and can maybe learn from you.

Sorry that you have to go through this much crap for money you've already earned. Hopefully, this can turn into a learning experience for you and others.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Looks like fastman beat me to it. A lawyer may eat up all you have coming, but it's a thought.....again, on principle. The 'get in line' thing is spot-on.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do you retain copies of bills of lading? One thought, mentioned by another carrier's owner, is to go directly to the shipper to get paid.

Also, you might want to find out if the company owned anything. You can file a small claim in court, but I'd be willing to bet that the company owned little, if anything, that is collectible. Beyond that, you'd have to find out if the owner pierced their own corporate veil by commingling personal and business funds, as it was a corporation. If they did, then you could go after personal assets (money, vehicles, homes). It might take an attorney to do that for you. Not saying that it couldn't be done by you, it's just a lot of homework, for little reward. If I had to guess, you're probably never going to see that money. Again, a guess. If it were me, I'd start making someone's life a living he** until I got paid. Even if I never got paid, I'd do it just on principle. Matter of fact, I have, for a lot less.

Not rubbing salt in your wound, but how did you let this get so far? The only reason I ask is for someone who may be in a similar situation, and can maybe learn from you.

Sorry that you have to go through this much crap for money you've already earned. Hopefully, this can turn into a learning experience for you and others.

4K miles might be only 2-3 weeks......which after missing even 1 paycheck I would never have run another load till that 1st load was paid....

marius1979

Active Expediter
The thing is that a friend of mine told me that he got the money before from them later ofcourse.
so thats why i got so deep trusting my friend.
But i got worried when i sow last week that the website been closed and nobody answer the phones.
Maybe im screwed but I need to do something.
Yes I have all the copies. But the carriers wont tell me nothing about the loads.
I hate to put more money in lawyers, and how long is the line????

paullud

Veteran Expediter
The thing is that a friend of mine told me that he got the money before from them later ofcourse.
so thats why i got so deep trusting my friend.
But i got worried when i sow last week that the website been closed and nobody answer the phones.
Maybe im screwed but I need to do something.
Yes I have all the copies. But the carriers wont tell me nothing about the loads.
I hate to put more money in lawyers, and how long is the line????

The line is sure to be a long one. All you have to do is contact the shipper and request payment from them, they have a responsibility to make sure that they use a company that will pay for the load to be delivered. You can sue both the shipper and LRT for payment.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Quite honestly...without sugar coating things...you are screwed.....a lawyer and legal fees will just eat up any money you have in this....My best advice.....Do what you have to survive and move on...run for an established carrier if you can....don't let life get you down.....I am sorry you had to experience this....:(

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have to go against the grain here...a shipper will not pay twice for the same load....they are not obligated in any way.....your carrier got paid, the issue is with them....

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I have to go against the grain here...a shipper will not pay twice for the same load....they are not obligated in any way.....your carrier got paid, the issue is with them....

The shipper is still responsible for the O/O to be paid. Look at all the home renovation scams, a general contractor will go pick up building supplies do part of the job and then take off. The home owner gave the general contractor the money but he never paid the supplier or sub contractor so the home owner is stuck paying the bill again or they end up with a lien on their house. Due to the fact that some of the work was started it is not theft. I don't think it is fair but the laws are what they are for a reason.

marius1979

Active Expediter
Yeah . thanks for advise. I will try all the legal and nlegal ways to get my money back.
John Petrus is the owner , watch out guys, probably he will be back under different company and pull the scheme again.
If you read this John, and I think you do, someday , somehow you go down.Atleast you can pay me the money that i spend for this loads:gas etc around 1800.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
The shipper is still responsible for the O/O to be paid. Look at all the home renovation scams, a general contractor will go pick up building supplies do part of the job and then take off. The home owner gave the general contractor the money but he never paid the supplier or sub contractor so the home owner is stuck paying the bill again or they end up with a lien on their house. Due to the fact that some of the work was started it is not theft. I don't think it is fair but the laws are what they are for a reason.

By your logic, the gas station that the O/O fuels up at can also look to the shipper, if he fails to pay for the gas he filled up with to complete the shipment. We're not talking mechanic's liens here, and I doubt that you're correct. Prove me wrong.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

paul...but the home owner has something tangible...the supplies....something physical...in our line of work, O/O's are left empty handed...I too think you are wrong...

marius1979

Active Expediter
thanks. does anybody has more info?
everybody should know about guys like him.
If only was some kind of bounty law in cases like this, and for every dollar would be an hour of jail.

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
How the heck is a Tour Bus Driver qualified to own an expediting company. I hope this guy ends up in jail.

Dont steal, the government hates competition. ~Ron Paul~

ErieBigDawg

Seasoned Expediter
Thanx for the info..good research

Dont steal, the government hates competition. ~Ron Paul~

Code of Conduct Violation -

9. No posting of personal information
Please respect the privacy of others and do not post information such as phone numbers and addresses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.