How do I restart qualcomm?

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just got this error message and now my qualcomm has shut off completely. Nothing showing, no lights.

73fba7c0.jpg

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
False alarm it's fired back up on its own. :confused:

If it happens again, contact Steve Briggs at the office and he can tell you what's up and do a soft boot to see if the Qualcomm will reset.

If that doesn't work, the guys in the shop will have to look at it.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks, I will. It seems pretty quirky and shuts down very quickly at times when the truck is off, and other times stays on for the 2 hrs or so it should.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Thanks, I will. It seems pretty quirky and shuts down very quickly at times when the truck is off, and other times stays on for the 2 hrs or so it should.

Couple of mine have done some strange things as well. Main thing is to let Steve know and if he can't resolve it quickly, your next call should be to dispatch to let them know you have a problem with it.

dadeo2my3

Seasoned Expediter
Carrier Management
Couple of mine have done some strange things as well. Main thing is to let Steve know and if he can't resolve it quickly, your next call should be to dispatch to let them know you have a problem with it.

Yes, definitely contact me.
There have been times that the units lock up when they are doing a re-boot or the intialization at start up. The shut down time has been altered for smaller vehicles in an attempt to lessen any battery issues (even it is like plugging in your phone charger).
If you have problems please contact me. I can notify all internal parties that need to know (Operations for load info and Admin for scanning) and then we'll get you in if it has to be replaced.