pay rate question?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
This was not the first time that I made the wrong call. Or Did I?

Figure out what you need for income to live...
Can your carrier deliver to YOUR needs?
Are your needs realistic?

as I said .85 is in the ball park for a CV at this time..you won't find much better...

gregsr40

Seasoned Expediter
Should I have to ask for more on the FSC.I mean I did and then they came back with a better offer.However I feel that I was kinda getting the shaft when they came back with the better offer.I asked them --Where did you get the money from and they told me that it was a bonus.It just seems to me that they were holding out on me and trying to get me to take the load for a cheaper rate on my dime.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Should I have to ask for more on the FSC.I mean I did and then they came back with a better offer.However I feel that I was kinda getting the shaft when they came back with the better offer.I asked them --Where did you get the money from and they told me that it was a bonus.It just seems to me that they were holding out on me and trying to get me to take the load for a cheaper rate on my dime.

Per mile or FSC doesn't matter where the money comes from..it is the total per mile that counts....if it does not compute for you, don't run it...

as far as what they first offered...they usually always come in low...and how high depends on the importance of the load and its resale value...they all appear to "play" with us...

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
That's .85 a mile....that is right in the mainstream of what the major carriers are paying right now...for a CV you won't find much better....

That's about right. While rate of pay is important, it's not the only question. How often can they load you? You can go with someone who promises the world, but if they can only load you once a week or less at that higher rate, then it's not profitable. Or if you have 40% deadhead to get to one of those higher paying customers.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Each form of pay has it's own merit..Percentage usually gets you more money on the short runs.Mileage get's you more pay on the discounted runs.,which in turn will let you sit longer for your next move.Bottom line is,if you don't know your bottom line,then there isn't any system that will make you a profit.