Wannabe Hopeful

teddy_bear65

Seasoned Expediter
I'm new here and hoping to get into the expediting industry. So far all I have found are brick walls...he he he.

I have my CDL permit and am hoping to find somebody that is willing to take me on, either as a trainee so I can get my Class B, or in a cargo van/sprinter (something that does not require my CDL). I have no visions of starting at the top, I expect to pay my dues. However, finding that first break to get me started has proven an exercise in futility it seems.

I have been out of work since June and being OTR has always been something I've wanted to do, so I figured now was as good a time as any to get started, but boy have I been shocked so far. I don't have my own vehicle nor can I afford to lease one right now.

I would certainly appreciate any assistance or leads anybody could offer.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
Check out the Classifieds on this web site for Drivers wanted and Start Making Phone Calls to the Owners and see if they could or would put you in with an Experienced Driver! Then you Might want to Contact some of the Advertisers on here to see if you Found an owner who would be willing to Train You, If They would Permit it! Some don't do it because of Insurance Reasons, But I'm sure you could Find one and Get it Done! Good Luck :D

teddy_bear65

Seasoned Expediter
Thank you so much for the information, Poorboy. I'm still figuring out my way around in here, and wasn't sure where to start.

If I looked in the correct place, I found a couple that interested me and sounded like what I am trying to find. Do I just call the numbers that are listed by the Owners? That almost sounds too easy compared to what I've been trying to do.

All your help is greatly appreciated.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
Thank you so much for the information, Poorboy. I'm still figuring out my way around in here, and wasn't sure where to start.

If I looked in the correct place, I found a couple that interested me and sounded like what I am trying to find. Do I just call the numbers that are listed by the Owners? That almost sounds too easy compared to what I've been trying to do.

All your help is greatly appreciated.

That's where I would start if it was me looking for what you are looking for! All you have at Stake is the Price of a Phone Call! Remember: There is no such Thing as a "Stupid" Question, Have them Ready before you call and I'm sure you will get your answers! :D

teddy_bear65

Seasoned Expediter
That's where I would start if it was me looking for what you are looking for! All you have at Stake is the Price of a Phone Call! Remember: There is no such Thing as a "Stupid" Question, Have them Ready before you call and I'm sure you will get your answers! :D
I wasn't sure, so I did the "Reply to EO", but I will call the numbers listed today. Thank you for all your help.