Why'd July to dispatch ??

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Just went to the movies and saw "Bad Moms". Laughed my donkey off! The only downside was a senior matinée on Sunday afternoon was $10. Oh yeah, and as soon as I got back to my van the security guard rolled over to tell me I couldn't keep parking here. What an idiot he was!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Turtle Lives Matter!
f85e1ffafe76a8a4b548a830fb7a2562.jpg

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm glad OVM finally got out from the west. About time Ken! Lol..

Didn't get the loads availability report from my dispatch yesterday. I have a feeling the info might be above my pay grade. Lol..

Now, back at home in California.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I hadda know too :)

2550 or so, depending on how much toll avoidance you do :cool:
Thats not so bad...sound farther for some reason...LOL

My Chicago to Grants Pass Oregon was 2200 approx...

when I came out of the dealer there was one I said no to was Washington to Florida for 3400 and change...picked on Friday and wanted it there on Monday....:eek:

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's a killer for a solo! That said, you chose instead to dh what, 1500 mi to Fargo? Probably a wise decision, but idk if my wallet would've had the nerve to do it.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's a killer for a solo! That said, you chose instead to dh what, 1500 mi to Fargo? Probably a wise decision, but idk if my wallet would've had the nerve to do it.
your going to laugh or think me nuts...but my intent was to DH back anyhow....I'd never been to the northwest..its the only reason I took the load...i try not to exceed 900 - 1,000 per load these days...
over the years I've seen my share of drivers thinking they were going to get out of the northwest only to have to DH down to Cali and sit again and end up in El Paso or dhing back to KC

Reactions: ntimevan

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sounds familiar. In March my wife and I ended up in Seattle. Dh'ed 700 miles to Lodi, got a run right back to Pasco, WA. Dh'ed to Salt Lake, did two of the same shortie in two days, then got a load to Williston ND. Only then did we go to Fargo...

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You mentioned being happy to stay East of I25; I'm still thinking I'd like to run as far out as 15. I love me some West :D