Why'd July to dispatch ??

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Ovm, did they replace the fuel rail and that wasn't it? Or....

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
My Bad .... Turtle ... could you please PM ME the list of Do Not Use Words .. thank you
There's no need, since the list of censored words isn't all-inclusive, nor are all the words on the list necessarily inappropriate. For example, the word "bitch" is on the censored word list, mainly because it's a word that is most often used inappropriately, usually to call someone that word, but there are other times when the word is perfectly acceptable, and getting around the word filters to use it would be fine. The Censored Word List exists not as a litmus test for what people can and cannot say, but solely as an aid to the Moderators to keep them from constantly having to go in and edit posts and issue warnings for inappropriate language.

..the filter is wrong....IMO
ok, all you wimps (insert the P word here)that complained...
Thank you for your input on this important issue.

I remember a time when anyone named Richard we couldn't call them by Dick...

the filters were edited to allow the word Dick to be seen in public
And yet if you call someone a dick or use it in some other inappropriate manner you will likely be given a warning for inappropriate language.

Why make a list? If it is something you wouldn't be discussing or showing your children or grandchildren, I would use caution posting it here. Just common sense and not trying to complicate the simple.
It's really that simple. Inappropriate language is inappropriate language whether it's on some list of filtered words or not.

Reactions: ntimevan

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Dave ... sorry I did not post that Meme to Offend anyone ... it was a Meme i got off internet a couple months ago ... i had seen the other Picture and the light bulb clicked on ... it had nothing to do with Ovm did it so i can do it ... don't confuse this ... i did not know this was a Bad word ... I am trying to clean up problems from my past postings ... hence asking for a simple PM list ...
Fair enough. :)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ovm, did they replace the fuel rail and that wasn't it? Or....

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
since its a million mile van they've taken it all apart..even dropped the fuel tank for cleaning and it was in good shape very little crud..they couldn't believe it was a original fuel pump...it was cruddy looking but worked fine...and I am replacing it just because....they have narrowed it down to injector pump as they replaced rail and injectors and it had same problem. Mercedes is absorbing 2 days worth of labor on this issue and booking it as training exercise for the technicians....and they price matched EuroParts on the parts cost...buts its still going to be a whooping bill....
AAA will pay for my first 96 hours of off the road costs....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
and actually you are wrong..
Puhleeze. <snort>

it was edited so I could put in punctuation that I omitted the first time and then again for spacing errors...it went something like....****** = Poo s ee (EDIT...dictionary pronouncation)......there was NO attempt to get around the word...
Below shows screen caps of the History of the post, the view of the original pre-edited version, the version where you capitalized the "P" to get around the filters and lose the ****, and the original and the latest edit together.

Cap1.PNG
Cap2.PNG
Cap4.PNG
Cap3.PNG

EDIT again.....Inspired?...grown people here they do what they do on their own accord and live with their own decisions...
Nevertheless, when members see someone do something and et away with it, they think they should be able to get away with it, too, and they're right.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
isn't divulging personal info a violation? like making public a post that was deleted public...never meant to be viewed without my permission...

still no intent...i was trying to make a point and the filters wouldn't let me use the original word so I had to improvise...

and your Assumption was wrong.....
EDIT:....getting away with calling someone a wimp..wow big violation there I tell ya.....LOL

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dave ... sorry I did not post that Meme to Offend anyone ... it was a Meme i got off internet a couple months ago ... i had seen the other Picture and the light bulb clicked on ... it had nothing to do with Ovm did it so i can do it ... don't confuse this ... i did not know this was a Bad word ... I am trying to clean up problems from my past postings ... hence asking for a simple PM list ... as for my Children (3) ages 24 to 33 years old they were not raised up to be Winps ( insert slang term here ) and Me being raised on the Farm in late 50's and 60's and 70's the Words that offend people Today were part of common language then...
2546114-wimpy.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
isn't divulging personal info a violation? like making public a post that was deleted public...never meant to be viewed without my permission...
A - It's not personal information.

B - We don't need your permission.

From the Code of Conduct...
You understand that any information you post becomes the property of ExpeditersOnline.com and you acknowledge and agree that ExpeditersOnline.com may preserve content and may also disclose content if required to do so by law or in the good belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the Terms of Use Agreement (TOUA); (c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of ExpeditersOnline.com, its users and the public.
When you flatly state in your defense that you only edited the post for punctuation and spacing, and made NO attempt at getting around the word filters, yet there it is where you intentionally edited the word to get rid of the censored sign graphic and thus to get around the word filters, that opens the door for the burden of proof to show that's not a factual statement, that you did, in fact, make an edit that got around the word filters.

still no intent...i was trying to make a point and the filters wouldn't let me use the original word so I had to improvise...
Too funny. You state there was no intent, and then 4 dots later you detail your intent. Do I look like FBI Director James Comey to you?

and your Assumption was wrong.....
I didn't assume anything. Either you edited the word to get around the filters or you didn't. You say you didn't, but the evidence shows the exact opposite. I don't really care what the motivation was. The bottom line is, you posted a picture of a word that cannot get through the censor filters, after having had the same discussion previously.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
A - It's not personal information.

B - We don't need your permission.

From the Code of Conduct...

When you flatly state in your defense that you only edited the post for punctuation and spacing, and made NO attempt at getting around the word filters, yet there it is where you intentionally edited the word to get rid of the censored sign graphic and thus to get around the word filters, that opens the door for the burden of proof to show that's not a factual statement, that you did, in fact, make an edit that got around the word filters.

Too funny. You state there was no intent, and then 4 dots later you detail your intent. Do I look like FBI Director James Comey to you?

I didn't assume anything. Either you edited the word to get around the filters or you didn't. You say you didn't, but the evidence shows the exact opposite. I don't really care what the motivation was. The bottom line is, you posted a picture of a word that cannot get through the censor filters, after having had the same discussion previously.
Evidence shows nothing other then me trying to post a dictionary definition of said word: as I couldn't post the original word I had to improvise...,
YOU and your assumption is wrong ..,,
No malicious attempt to post a forbidden word was intended.