who's happy

jj214

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Fedex CC since 1989. I am pleased with my carrier. While not a warm and fuzzy type operation, they offer the loads, I choose to accept or decline. I know what the run will pay and they pay on time, every time.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
To quote Joe Walsh (of the Eagles ) " I CAN'T COMPLAIN,BUT SOMETIMES I STILL DO " We're happy,that's why we're still here FEDEX

Last edited:

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
To quote Joe Walsh (of the Eagles ) " I CAN'T COMPLAIN,BUT SOMETIMES I STILL DO " We're happy,that's why we're still here FEDEX

He also says he going to "pick up the dog do, hope that it's hard" or something like that, just an ordinary average guy. Good tuneage.

Panther 4 1/2 yrs, husb/wife team and both happy.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
As "Ren an Stempy" sang..."Happy Happy, Joy Joy!" When the carrier you are with continues on a ongoing basis to look for ways to make the Contractors and all of his employees lives easier as they do what they are contracted to do and their jobs, how could you not be happy...

Thanks John...:)

Last edited:

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
For me its just not cut and dry,who's happy.It doesn't matter which carrier your with,it all has to do whether your happy with what you are doing.
I was extremely happy at Roberts Epress,and FedEX Custom Critical.When I was with Con-Way NOw,I was happy there,as When I was with Tri State.I've enjoyed the people I worked with,and as far as making money,Ive made about the same revenue each year at all these companies.
I am now with a non expedite company,although are freight does ahve a timed delivery,it just gives a solo time to get it there.Colonial Freight Systems,is where I'm at,and so far very happy I'm here.My revenue last week as a solo was $4518.This week I deliver Tuesday in Fl And Thursday near Buffalo for 5700 for the week.In my 30 some years as an owner opp,that is the highest 2 weeks running solo I have ever made,Happy,how else woulds you be?I know,if I ran the same miles as an expediter,my revenue would have been much much higher,but also I didn't have to pay a co-driver,which would have taken from the higher revenue.

Big Redd

Expert Expediter
answer is simple yes or no and possibly who you work for. I'm trying to avoid getting people started on long explanations. but the contribution is appreciated.....

Big Redd

Expert Expediter
My apologies I am not that well versed on the proper way things are supposed to be done. Honestly I'm hoping to get more responses, then I will be able to prove a point.Thank you for you advise,though...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
My apologies I am not that well versed on the proper way things are supposed to be done. Honestly I'm hoping to get more responses, then I will be able to prove a point.Thank you for you advise,though...

I think ya did pretty good really...ya got some of the lurkers to speak out....:)

AND good job of keeping on topic.....Great MODERATING...:)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm not sure what the point of all this was. Human nature being what it is, the expected responses would be overwhelming that people are happy at their carrier. Those who are unhappy have already left their carrier, either for another carrier or for another vocation and are now happy with their decision. Those few who are unhappy are unlikely to state so in a public manner for several reason, not the least of which is that doing so invites being kicked to the curb for putting their carrier in a bad light ("If you're so unhappy here, we can take care of that. See ya!") and it invites the inevitable "Why not?" and/or "If you're unhappy, then change carriers," from others here.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm not sure what the point of all this was. Human nature being what it is, the expected responses would be overwhelming that people are happy at their carrier. Those who are unhappy have already left their carrier, either for another carrier or for another vocation and are now happy with their decision. Those few who are unhappy are unlikely to state so in a public manner for several reason, not the least of which is that doing so invites being kicked to the curb for putting their carrier in a bad light ("If you're so unhappy here, we can take care of that. See ya!") and it invites the inevitable "Why not?" and/or "If you're unhappy, then change carriers," from others here.

as with most issues it serves a small number of the membership....one could post they be happy the tomorrow have a throwdown with a dispatcher or get news of a policy change and the worm turns...

Big Redd

Expert Expediter

Not "was" but is. Unhappy people tend to make the most noise and the happy people go along un noticed.Kinda like why new papers have so much bad news. People need to know that there are a lot of happy, contented people out here just doing their jobs..Thats why I was and still am hoping for more reply's...i don't know if I did the quote thing correctly, forgive me if it's screwed up. I'm new at this and have no intentions of making it a habit...
Thank you Mr. van man for the compliment. It's appreciated...
Good things happen every day, You just ggotta look for them.......