What City/State/Prov did you pick up your FIRST expedite run? Where did it go?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Jumping feet first into the deep end of the pool, my very first load was Decatur, AL to Wrigley Field, four drums of placarded HAZMAT paint, in a Ford E-350.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Richmond IN to somewhere up in Michigan was our first run ever...as an official team (I came out on the road but didn't have a license when we started) was also strangely enough from an Indy city to up past Saginaw.
If I didn't keep a notebook with all our runs nowadays I would probably not remember which city I'm in daily! ;)

)0( Nasmaste )0(

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
1st load Columbia SC to Indy. P/u Computers in Indy for NYC/Times Square for a Sunday Am delivery. Hand trucked every stinking one them to the 3d floor office. Naturally nobody knew that ahead of time.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Coatesville PA to Trumbull CT. Helicopter part. Deadheaded home. Not hard to remember; it was 3 months ago.

Sent from my SCH-I110 using EO Forums mobile app

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not hard to remember; it was 3 months ago.

Sent from my SCH-I110 using EO Forums mobile app

That would be a lifetime ago for some drivers.:eek:

upinsmoke.jpg

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Elkhart IN to Alliston ON Canada , with dispatch calling me every 15 minutes wanting an update as parts where Super Hot. Got there and nobody even wanted them. Ended up taking them to freight forwarder to have them haul back. Load cost more in phone charges them I made hauling it.
Thankfully loads are been better over the last 7 years then that one.

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Detroit, Michigan to Durham, North Carolina... auto parts to be delivered ASAP .

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums mobile app

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Charlotte NC - Boston MA. a 100# skid of labels..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I picked up my first load back in 1995 in Cleveland, Ohio, It was train parts for Conrail. We delivered them to Conrail in Plainfield, Indiana. At that time I joked with my co driver about going to see Mike Tyson as he was in Prison in Plainfield, Indiana at the time.

canesman07

Seasoned Expediter
Laural or Lori Ohio to Romulus MI then off to Chicago then Emporium PA then St Mary's back to Chicago. My first week. 2003, June 10 year ago. OMG. 10 years. Two vans and still driving. Oh well.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
It was for Panther. In 2007. Somewhere in Ohio to Chicago Heights Ill. Not knowing my ear from my elbow I went to a street address in chicago. Couldn't find the building #. Called dispatch, they said your right in front of it. Called the consignee. "Your in the wrong place" Found the right address 25 minutes late. Dispatch is complaining. Guard at the gate say's you can't come in for another 1\2 hour.