What City/State/Prov did you pick up your FIRST expedite run? Where did it go?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I remember it well. It was early January, Roseville, MN to North Palmyra, MO, about 450 miles. I picked up on Sunday afternoon for a Monday morning delivery. 2 pallets of printed material going to a die-cutting outfit. I got there Sunday night and called from a small truck stop in Edina, about 5 miles out. To my surprise, someone answered the phone. It was the company owner's son. He happened to be there setting up some machines for the morning. He told me to come over and he'd unload the freight.

I was a Con-Way employee and driving a company van my first 14 months expediting. Motels were paid for, so I splurged and stayed at the Tic-Toc Motel. The Tic-Toc is a long single story building with the office in the center. I was put in an end unit. I remember it taking about 10 minutes for the hot water to reach my shower. After that first load, the rest of them kinda all run together.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
I can say, with some authority, that our first run picked up in Illinois and delivered in Kentucky. Neither the shipper nor the consignee would say that either's role was more important than the other. I see this as fact, because I didn't ask either one.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Springdale, PA to Corfu, NY.

Sent from my EVO using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

mwhitie

Active Expediter
My first load was three weeks ago on Friday afternoon. Pick up in Sterling Heights Mi at 6 pm and deliver to the Volvo plant in Dublin Va. Saturday morning at 6 am So I remember it well :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums mobile app

dolphin

Seasoned Expediter
First Call Pittsburgh,Pa to Mich Dry run 2 Panther vans showed up and I got to go home.
Next real loaded run was North Versailles, Pa (Pittsburgh) to Rock Springs, SC.

Didn't keep my BOL first week out almost didn't get paid. :)

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
that first load is part of the blur too. I remember I was trying extra hard to make sure I remembered all my required macros. it was also sort of strange flying around without a logbook.

eb

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It was on 8/17/11 and I went from Milwaukee to Rockton IL. Second run was on 8/20/11 Milwaukee to Grants NM. That was with KM Logistics.

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
Elyria, Oh to New Tecumseth, ON. Canada and if that wasn't enough to worry about, it was also Hazmat :eek: After that, we were ready for about anything, lol.

Oh and on our second load (Buffalo, NY to New Castle, PA - also Hazmat and our first refrigerated load) We got to do our first roadside DOT inspection :)

tknight

Veteran Expediter
My first load with my current pimp was canton oh to Bridgeport ct. I can't remember my very first load ever