Welcome to August " the dog days of summer "

guido4475

Not a Member
Good morning, John. I have realized Laredo will only be a winter destination in the future..lol...they have been trying, but no success even at load offers at .65 per loaded mile, .10 cpm higher than they have been asking me to run for...it just amazes me that a load can't be secured at even that rate, which I am asking myself, "just how low are drivers running for out of here??" I have entertained the thought of just running empty out of here to Dallas, perhaps. But, I do hate running empty as well...

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
It is truly an out of balance lane. Carriers stacking multiple expedites at super cheap rates that only further exasperate the issue. We have hired a full time sales person in Texas but it is still a very market driven business.

guido4475

Not a Member
Doing dinner at popeyes and than head northward....lol.. empty....I guess it comes with the territory. ..lol..

guido4475

Not a Member
Like the new pic Guido

Thank you. I love it as well. I can't tell you how many times my van has been saluted by military vets, etc, as they pass me going down the road. As much as I do not care for being tailgated, or drivers hanging alongside me on the highways, I am noticing lately that many of these people were just taking pictures of the van. It really humbles me a lot.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Good morning to everyone. TCA Exec meetings all day for me. The exciting joy of being a national officer and dealing with the issues that so effect our industry.

Reactions: ntimevan