We need a Major Conflict

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I watched the video of what she said and how she said it...she believed what she said...that wasn't the press corp talking....

not unless she was completely brainwashed...and old like LOS..:rolleyes:

Brain washed? About Israel? Not likely. They are FAR from my favorite country. I also know that they are NOT going away unless they are just wiped out. Like in Nazi Germany type. Obama may want that but I am willing to bet that a majority in this country do not.

England started this particular round of Middle East stupidity. We are STUCK with this. We need to get it worked out. That will NOT happen with a lack luster weakling as "Coward in Chief". Iran will have to be dealt with. Sooner or later. Later will cost FAR more lives than sooner will. It may already be too late. King Putz the 1st has REALLY messed things up.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know why Isreal is the favored child so to speak...must be the sympathy card....they are far from innocent in all this...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't know why Isreal is the favored child so to speak...must be the sympathy card....they are far from innocent in all this...

We protect them because they are the closest thing to a "friend" we have in that region.

They SHOULD be blockading Gaza. I would not allow rockets, weapons and scumbags in if I had a way to stop them. They are at war. People get killed in wars. They at least have the "STONES" to fight it, unlike our "Coward in Chief"

Now I leave, Mrs. Layoutshooter and I are going out to dinner. We can argue more tomorrow.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
So you have to look at history from a more neutral point of view.

First some guy named Lawrence warned us about this. He mentioned a few times that a Jewish state may bring war among the Arabs unless the Arabs are given autonomy after the first world war to run their own countries. He was trying to get the brits and the French to give the Arabs their homeland but that never happened and there was a lot of hatred over this toward the west.

Second Israel is and was the homeland for the Jews before the Muslims, kind of predating the Muslims by a few thousand years. BUT it was the British and the UN that made it a state - they are the responsible ones since then.

Third we didn't always side with Israel, and in many ways we don't now.

Forth our foreign aid packages to Israel is a bit more than Egypt's but then we also give $100M to Palestine in military aid even though they are a terrorist run country.

Fifth If you look at almost every war that they have had, while not their fault, it was a direct result in the proclamation by Gamal Nasser that Israel must be destroyed and a number of pro-Arab nationalist.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
How do you figure Palestine is a terrorist run country?
Have they done anything untoward us? Directly? or because they threaten an ally?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
OMG OVM, you live in a potato patch under a rock?

Harakat al-Muqāwama al-Islāmiyya - Islamic Resistance Movement or as it is better known as HAMAS runs Palestine. They have been duly elected in parliamentary elections and run the country.

Hamas is pretty much at war against the united states for a number of reasons but they have friends here who justify killing of children - Jimmy Carter.

The FBI, US State department, several countries including Jordan have said they are a "foreign terrorist organization" and on our list they sit at number 13.

Did you know they are also at war with Al-Qaeda?

Maybe that's why we are supplying them with military aid.

They have a charter or what you can consider a manifesto, like the democrats have that ... well ... I'll let them tell you;

Surat Al-Imran (III), verses 109-111 Israel will rise and will remain erect until Islam eliminates it as it had eliminated its predecessors.

I know this may not make sense in English but when it is written in their native language, it pretty much has
intifada all over it.

Does this make any sense now?

So if you are in Israel, you have a 'country' that says pretty much they will destroy you any which way they can.

Now getting back to one of your points, Israel isn't perfect and has done some nasty stuff but have you ever seen the list of civilian attacks within Palestine by Hamas? Or seen the long list of attacks within Israel?

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So...it is disputed land..the Gaza the fight is all about...and extending that thought even IF Israel gave the Gaza back, the Arabs would not be happy till all the Jews are gone...correct?

So...considering what we did to the native Indians here...we too in modern times would be labeled terrorists...not conquers.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So...it is disputed land..the Gaza the fight is all about...and extending that thought even IF Israel gave the Gaza back, the Arabs would not be happy till all the Jews are gone...correct?

So...considering what we did to the native Indians here...we too in modern times would be labeled terrorists...not conquers.

Even if Israel went away completely the radical Muslims would not be happy. Remember, Iran is NOT an Arab nation.

We did not do anything to the indians, WE were not here!! In fact, I had NO relatives in the country when all that happened. I do not condone or condemn what happened in this country. I was not there, I don't know the context. I don't pretend to put today's ideals on past events. I don't believe in "group guilt" either.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
hmmmmmmm....

I have enough faults of my own, I have NO need to accept responsibility for things that I was not involved in. Besides, one of the worst Presidents as far as Indian affairs goes was good 'ole Andy Jackson. He was responsible for the "Trail of Tears". He was a Dumb-O-Crat, so I would not have voted for him anyway!! :p Them Dumb-O-Crats have been racists their entire history.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Hamas doesn't seem to be getting help with anything except air time from Iran. There is a disconnected among Hamas and Iran.

Iran is not an Arab nation but it is a Muslim nation.

It's not even disputed land. There was a war in 1949, Egypt attack Israel and lost. Israel captured the Gaza strip (which is it just a small strip of land and not 'surrounded' by Israel but ever since it was a place of contention. Carter seemed to have thought Israel was wrong, he helped the terrorist in many ways, mainly blaming us and Israel for all the problems in the middle east kind of forgetting his moves to destabilize the region.

Israel left the strip and it became a country again. Then Hamas got elected and that's where the problem is. We shouldn't even be giving ANY aid to them, but rather just let things fall as they may.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Greg, I do believe that Hamas is receiving arms and munitions from Iran by way of Syria through Lebanon.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
As far as the Indian thing goes, I wasn't there, and just like slavery, I didn't have anything to do with it so I shouldn't be blamed.

The Europeans should be saddled with the blame of what happened with both slavery and the Indians. If it wasn't for their 'must convert to christian' attitude with everyone they met, then a lot of this would not have happened.

It get tiring to keep hearing about the subject, especially from people in the UK or France. They have done enough up to the second world war (and even after) to native people all over the world but we are to blame for something that we didn't start.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Keep in mind also that the "Indians" were not just a bunch of happy go lucky people. There was war, nasty stuff too, between competing tribes long before white man got here. There is also historical evidence that some of the tribes might have "displaced" European settlements in the North East that pre-dated the Indians.

Opirac

Seasoned Expediter
LOL, it shure sounds like you have never been in Europe.Propobly have your oppinion from some other source. It is soo funny how easy people can be manipulated.It shure does makes me wonder obout how weak human race realy is.I suggest you do some research on stupid subject of profitability of comflicts,LOL i am just amazed.Is there any inteligent life form on this planet at all?I mean we do have brain, internet is available which does provides us with unlimited information.No one can really sensor internet, and you come out with some right wing propaganda statement coming from who knows what source to try to spread propaganda thru this web site.LOL i am nut shure how many dumb asses will agree with you but me i am just amazed that you would actually waste your time writing dumbass oppinion of your or actually someone else.LOL good luck to you .Open your eyes.
as dreadful as the idea seems....think about it for a minute..how we have literally shot ourselves in the foot by controlling the world and stopping conflicts or delaying them...things are coming to a head...
Look at our history, world history...our whole economy is built on it....

Countries like France. Spain , Italy, Gr Britain are imploding Like ourselves....Over population and just being human...

The world needs something to do, to rebuild....
Fact is fact...we are a warring species, we kill each other...