We need a Major Conflict

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
as dreadful as the idea seems....think about it for a minute..how we have literally shot ourselves in the foot by controlling the world and stopping conflicts or delaying them...things are coming to a head...
Look at our history, world history...our whole economy is built on it....

Countries like France. Spain , Italy, Gr Britain are imploding Like ourselves....Over population and just being human...

The world needs something to do, to rebuild....
Fact is fact...we are a warring species, we kill each other...

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
as dreadful as the idea seems....think about it for a minute..how we have literally shot ourselves in the foot by controlling the world and stopping conflicts or delaying them...things are coming to a head...
Look at our history, world history...our whole economy is built on it....

Countries like France. Spain , Italy, Gr Britain are imploding Like ourselves....Over population and just being human...

The world needs something to do, to rebuild....
Fact is fact...we are a warring species, we kill each other...

Ok......you go first......your commander in chief will take care of you, I'm sure.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ok......you go first......your commander in chief will take care of you, I'm sure.

Not to worry, if our "Cluck in Chief" keeps ignoring the warning signs and allowing the "scuz" countries to keep gaining power it will happen. That even might be the plan. Allow North Korea to pull off it's EMP attack on us, kill off 1/3 or more of us and then the budget will be far easier to balance. Much less Social Security to put out if so many are dead. :mad:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just HOW would N. Korea pull this off? They sure don't have the missile capacity..or do you mean our foriegn interests or bases?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just HOW would N. Korea pull this off? They sure don't have the missile capacity..or do you mean our foriegn interests or bases?

You must have missed some of my posts. That is EXACTLY what they have been testing. They don't need a ballistic missile. Just one that can make 200 miles up. They can be launched from a boat in the Gulf of Mexico or maybe even Cuba. The warhead needed is smaller than what was used in Japan at the end of WWII. Two 2 hundred mile high bursts, one over Kansas the other just off the east coast will wipe out anything that is not protected against an EMP surge.

Both the U.S. and the Soviets were very much aware of this in the '60's. We both had plans to use it. It is real, known and easy to pull off. I posted two links below, to find more just google electro magnetic pulse. Sleep well!!

Commission to Assess the Threat to the United States from Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) Attack

America is Vulnerable to An Electromagnetic Pulse Attack - HUMAN EVENTS

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok..so they EMP us...then what? a physical invasion?

IF they got a missile that close why not just nuke us outright?

heck..if we worried about every scenrio we'd never get to sleep....

If it were to happen, so be it...retribution would be awesome...a conflict that i mentioned in the other thread...just what we need to get this country going..

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ok..so they EMP us...then what? a physical invasion?

IF they got a missile that close why not just nuke us outright?

heck..if we worried about every scenrio we'd never get to sleep....

If it were to happen, so be it...retribution would be awesome...a conflict that i mentioned in the other thread...just what we need to get this country going..

They don't WANT to nuke us outright, they need the farmlands intact. Retribution? From the Obama Bunch? You stood a better chance with the Brady Bunch!! Physical invasion is very possible with the damage an EMP attack would likely cause. Not to mention the riots here in the aftermath. No food, no water, no electricity, no ATM's, no fuel of any kind.

They have been working on just this, with the help of China and Russia for a very long time. NK does not have the resources or brain power, China and Russia have both. The test firings they have pulled off were PERFECT for this kind of attack.

I am not worried about every scenario, just those most likely to occur, like this one. It is a known way to take us out. It is NOT science fiction, it is science fact. To make it worse, Barry's plans to "update" the electrical grid will NOT make it better able to withstand this kind of attack, it will make that attack more likely to succeed.

It is more than possible to "harden" the grid to withstand it, we are not doing it. I wonder why? It would provide a HUGH number of NEW jobs, it would make the country safer and industry would be up and running to supply the needed parts.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Riots?

Yes.

The world stopping?

Not really.

I think we will have a lot of confusion, a lot of upset people who can't play their ipod or watch American Idle.

I don't get the reason Russia and China would have anything to do with this, I mean China won't end up controlling our country and Russia will have to deal with the EU collapsing along with their economy. No longer is Communist China and the Soviet Union isolated and able to withstand a western collapse but rather capitalist China and Russia are more vulnerable to What Iran, NK and other countries can cause then ever before.

As for NK wanting our farmland, well they don't posses the means to get here in the first place. Beside if they emp us, we will just nuke them.

The likeliness of us going to war over NK is slim, but the likeliness of the UN going to war is large. Obama and his hollow threats seem to ring of Carter telling Iran "I won't play with you unless you give me my embassy back".

What I don't get is the Russian/Iranian connection. I mean I can understand the war with Chechnya, a war against the Sunni Muslims but what may be a real problem for Russia is siding with the Shia Muslims of Iran while killing off the Sunnis and more of the Al Qaeda type groups going after Russia as the an enemy of the religion.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Riots?

Yes.

The world stopping?

Not really.

I think we will have a lot of confusion, a lot of upset people who can't play their ipod or watch American Idle.

I don't get the reason Russia and China would have anything to do with this, I mean China won't end up controlling our country and Russia will have to deal with the EU collapsing along with their economy. No longer is Communist China and the Soviet Union isolated and able to withstand a western collapse but rather capitalist China and Russia are more vulnerable to What Iran, NK and other countries can cause then ever before.

As for NK wanting our farmland, well they don't posses the means to get here in the first place. Beside if they emp us, we will just nuke them.

The likeliness of us going to war over NK is slim, but the likeliness of the UN going to war is large. Obama and his hollow threats seem to ring of Carter telling Iran "I won't play with you unless you give me my embassy back".

What I don't get is the Russian/Iranian connection. I mean I can understand the war with Chechnya, a war against the Sunni Muslims but what may be a real problem for Russia is siding with the Shia Muslims of Iran while killing off the Sunnis and more of the Al Qaeda type groups going after Russia as the an enemy of the religion.

You have to go back 30 years. I am just analysing the situation based on the history. Mark my words. It is far closer to reality then many may think. One thing I learned in the "business" is that nothing changes. We very well might face this, just as I write, unless we wake up. There are TWO congressmen, one Dumb-O-Crat and one ReBumLiCan, yelling about this almost word for word as I laid it out. I will look up their names tomorrow. We are in trouble and the Putz in charge is doing NOTHING.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Maybe then OVM is right, we need something to get us off our collective a**es and act like we care as a nation.

I have said this before, my generation has face nothing of a crisis as others have. We had Vietnam but in reality that wasn't even a crisis in the sense our country didn't mobilize for war. Korea, we did and the same with other things, depressions and recessions, and of course large wars.

When I look around, I see a nation that didn't know that we were over in Iraq fighting a war, but we knew who Kate Goslin did the night before.

The other day we had our 1000th death in Afghanistan but I didn't hear much about it, rather Gary Coleman dies and it is all over the news.

Yep maybe OVM is right, we need something to happen, maybe something positive like our president being impeached or Hillary going to work for some PR firm.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
you know what a major war would do...bring us together..that familiar theme of OUR country....put people to work, draft the young that need a goal/mission. That American go-go...

Other countries as well...nothing congeals like a fight for your and families lives...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Maybe then OVM is right, we need something to get us off our collective a**es and act like we care as a nation.

I have said this before, my generation has face nothing of a crisis as others have. We had Vietnam but in reality that wasn't even a crisis in the sense our country didn't mobilize for war. Korea, we did and the same with other things, depressions and recessions, and of course large wars.

When I look around, I see a nation that didn't know that we were over in Iraq fighting a war, but we knew who Kate Goslin did the night before.

The other day we had our 1000th death in Afghanistan but I didn't hear much about it, rather Gary Coleman dies and it is all over the news.

Yep maybe OVM is right, we need something to happen, maybe something positive like our president being impeached or Hillary going to work for some PR firm.
\\

Oh, our generation faced those problems Greg, they were just down played and minimized. I lived with those problems for over 20 years. They were, and are, REAL. No less real than that of Hitler and Stalin.

Nothing is new. We face the same old enemy that we did in 1948 when they cut off Berlin from the free world. We used to stand up to them, now our leaders are with them. Obama is part of the same crowd that murdered more than 25 million last century.

Mark my word, the worst has yet to come. Why ANYONE would want to see the deaths of MILLIONS of innocents just to "shake things up" is beyond me. We don't need a "new" crisis to wake up America. We just need American's to face reality. The time has come to quit blaming those who fought this mess for our problems and put the blame where it REALLY belongs.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
you know what a major war would do...bring us together..that familiar theme of OUR country....put people to work, draft the young that need a goal/mission. That American go-go...

Other countries as well...nothing congeals like a fight for your and families lives...
I wish that were true, OVM. I don't believe that for one second. We have become a nation of cowards and cry babies. We blame ourselves for what others have done. Obama proves that. He sucks. Our leaders suck. I am tired of cry babies and losers. Far too many believe that we are the problem. They never learned history. They suck too. Stand up and fight!! Sorry so and so's!!! Family? What families? Far too many don't believe that FAMILY is important!!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Then we deserve what we get.....:(

You may be right, but at least I will go to my grave knowing that I did all that I could to stop what is about to happen. You cannot blame me. The rest of you can just look in the mirror if you want to see just who is to blame. Maybe, just maybe, if the people of this nation had spent 1 tenth the time LEARNING the realities of the world that they spent on the box scores or batting averages we would not be where we are now. This is the result of keeping heads in the sand or other places where the sun does not shine. :mad:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I don't agree that we have faced those problems. My parents, yes. My grandparent, yes but not mine or any generation after that.

Look at the cold war, I didn't live in fear of the soviets, but rather that was put into television or some sort of other arm's length form of entertainment. In Europe, that was a different case but not here. We didn't have NATO bases near the major cities and most of that was still over there.

Look at our recessions, nothing compares to what the two depressions in the early part of the 20th century were like or the post war recessions of 1919/1946. We didn't face starvation or lack of work even during the 1982-83 recession.

There isn't one person of my generation who stood in a bread line. Now we have poor people dressing better than some wealthy people in other countries.

What will happen is an unprepared moment in life if we are hit with an EMP. People will go crazy within 20 days and then after the riots and bloodshed, things will calm down. People in the rural areas better lock up their livestock because once they learn where beef actually looks like before it is wrapped in plastic and a price sticker attached to it, they will start looking for the stuff on the hoof.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well Greg, maybe you did not have to face it but millions did. There were Niki bases all around Detroit. We had one in Riverview where I was raised. They were all around most major cities in the U.S. I remember, and so my wife, practicing "duck and cover" under our school desks. Training for a Soviet nuke attack, not that it would have done any good. Everyone who was drafted faced it. The hundred thousand or so U.S. troops that died between 1945-1989 faced it.

To be sure we did not have it as bad as our parents. It can get much worse than it is today without a doubt. It will get worse someday, EMP attack or not.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't agree that we have faced those problems. My parents, yes. My grandparent, yes but not mine or any generation after that.

September 11, 1945: Grand Rapids, Michigan is the first city in the world to add fluoride to drinking water.

September 11, 1970: Ford Motor Company introduces the Pinto.

September 11, 2001: New York City and Washington, D.C. are attacked.

September 11, 2008: Berkeley, California; four people have ended their nearly two-year sit-in atop several redwood trees.

Walt Kelly: "We have seen the enemy and he is us."

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well Greg, maybe you did not have to face it but millions did. There were Niki bases all around Detroit.

There was a Nike site on Wise Road in Commerce Twp. not much more than a mile from where I grew up. I even once got to see the actual missles out of the ground. Routine exercise, or...?