Transflo/Trippak Scan

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Have any Panther People had trouble getting paid on multiple pros scanned together on 1 cover sheet. It is not uncommon for me to scan multiple pros and B.O.L.'s on 1 cover sheet and listing each pro number in the space provided.

Recently I noticed I didn't get paid on 1 pro that I had scanned with another. The receipt showed 5 pages scanned (2 pros, 2BOL's, 1 cover sheet) which was correct. Payroll told me they never received the pro or BOL for the load in question. This is the first time this has happened. From now on I will scan 1 pro per cover sheet.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I have always scanned one pro per cover sheet, for that very reason. It eliminates (sorry, what was I thinking?!?!) [highlight]slightly reduces[/highlight] the chance of confusion on their part.

I got one in there now where they got the cover sheet, the shipper's BOL, and the POD signature from the PRO Bill, but they don't have the PRO Bill itself.

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
I always scan about 2 to 3 at a time. The only problem I've ever had is the people at the counter. I put the papers in order, with the pro bills in front of the BOL's, and I tell the people at the counter there are small papers in between, so please feed them through or they will get out of order. Then I watch, and never fails, they just put them all in at one time and the papers mess up and get so out of order. Kinda irritates me. I like the ones you can do yourself at some TA's. The lady in payroll at Panther told me to put Pro #'s and Truck # on all the BOL's....which I do.....maybe this is why. I haven't had problems with Panther though.

whitey1

Seasoned Expediter
I haven't, yet, had a problem sending multiple PRO's TS or TF.
For the first time ever, I have now been informed that if you are the first half of a swap load you must include a BOL as well as pass one on to the second half of the swap driver.

are12

Expert Expediter
I scan multiple pro's at one time and never have a problem. I also put the Pro # and Truck # on all paperwork. I did notice, I do have problems with receipts though!

groinster

Seasoned Expediter
For the first time ever, I have now been informed that if you are the first half of a swap load you must include a BOL as well as pass one on to the second half of the swap driver.

Great...more paperwork to hold on to. I wonder why you would need to keep a BOL on a swap???

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
I would ask about keeping a bol on the swap again. I was told that if the first driver turned in a bol and his paperwork is turned in first and processed first when you turn yours in it throws up a red flag on your payables. Because the system shows paying the first driver already.

romoore245

Expert Expediter
We have trouble getting our pay about every two weeks. There have been some loads we had to scan in three times before they would accept them. We have had trouble if we email them in or transflo. I think they just lose the paper work and say it wasn't sent in. We have two loads in the system right know we have called about three times. Been told every time it is there and everything is fine, then you check the panther web site and it says pod not received. Now that we can't contact payroll directly it takes forever to get anything resolved. This past week when we called in about the lost paperwork we got "What do you want me to do about it?" Your job would be nice. One time our team just keep lying about helping resolve things, so we just emailed Jeff directly. Then things got fixed within two hours we received three phone calls. Told us our team leader had not even contacted the payroll dept. to let them know there was a problem with our paperwork. Now we have a different team and have a few less paperwork problems. At least until this week. We may need to try the one cover sheet per load.

TwoMotherTrkrs

Seasoned Expediter
You folks are real brave! We didn't want to chance Transflo/TripPak problems so I popped for a Canon Canoscan LiDE 600F flatbed scanner that scans all the documents into a PDF file. I then use WiFi or my Sprint data card and attach the document, along with a cc: to my own email address. In the subject line I put the truck number, PRO number and pickup date. After sending the email I file the cc: in a 'Sent PROs' folder in order of pickup date. I also use this dandy little device to send truck maintenance receipts, Maintenance Logs, fuel receipts and everything else Panther needs, including copies of Passports. Makes my life much easier and also creates a data copy of everything related to the business. When I'm finished, the Canoscan fits right in the case with my laptop (I have a widescreen model laptop).

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
That sounds like a great idea with the scanner, I'd have to see how small the scanner is first since I'm in a van and space is limited. But in response to sending in the bol on the first half of a swap I would anyway in case the second driver lost it then neither one would get paid.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A flatbed scanner is going to be somewhat larger than a sheet of paper laying flat and probably 2-3 inches thick. There are scanners available that feed the page through and are about the size of the box for a 12" roll of foil or plastic wrap. If you set up with John Turner to do your bookkeeping and prepay for 6 months you get one of those as part of your package.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I have this HP unit in the Sprinter:

HP Photosmart C4280

It's a printer/scanner - think it was $89 at Best Buy,

It's not as small as one of the Canon flatbeds (which are tiny - we have a Canon LiDE at home) and it does require 120 AC to operate (our LiDE is USB powered) - but it allows me to make additional paper copies of any documents at the consignee without having to screw around with it at the shippers .... something that some find impressive. :D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I have an HP All-In-One printer/scanner/copier. Is also a great photo printer, which comes in handy occasionally. Sits on top of the microwave, held fast with Industrial Strength Velcro. (Oh, sorry, Velcro®. I mean, Velcro® brand hook and loop fasteners. I certainly don't want to contribute to the Velco® brand of hook and loop fasteners to go the way of Escalator®, Nylon®, Kleenex®, Thermos®, Trampoline®, Kerosene®, and Linoleum®. hehe)

I mainly use it to print cover sheets for border crossings, scan receipts, and make copies of anything that I need. I used to scan to pdf files and e-mail my PRO paperwork in, until I found out that at the office they have to print it all out and then re-scan it into the system, as pdf files don't go directly into the system the same way that Trip-Pak and Transflo scans do.

TwoMotherTrkrs

Seasoned Expediter
Interesting, Turtle. J StP is the one who recommended that we send in PDF format. That's when we went out and bought the equipment. Must have changed things in the meantime. We never have any complaints, and we used to when they would pile up on the fax machine. Makes sense though that they would have an interface with Transflo to do the job.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't have a model number. You might find it on truckcpa.com somewhere since he gives one away.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We used to scan to pdf and email our paperwork but we had hassle after hassle about "paperwork not received" so we started using trippak/transflow. We've only had one issue since with "paperwork not received" and that was when I scanned more than one pro on a sheet. Now I scan each pro separately.
Since we drive for an owner, I make copies of all paperwork before I scan them and then take the copies to be scanned into trippak/transflow. That way I have copies, the owner has the originals and the copies are easier to scan at the truckstop.

We use the NeatReceipts scanner. It's small and works great. Found it at Staples

Last edited: