Transflo/Trippak Scan

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Interesting, Turtle. J StP is the one who recommended that we send in PDF format. That's when we went out and bought the equipment. Must have changed things in the meantime. We never have any complaints, and we used to when they would pile up on the fax machine. Makes sense though that they would have an interface with Transflo to do the job.

Yeah, the whole deal prior to truck stop scanning was all about either faxing it in from someplace, but they had too many faxes they couldn't read, or by scanning it as pdf and e-mailing it in. I bought my all-in-one for the same purpose, at the same time, because of the memo/qc/driver-web message sent out by JSTP.

Do keep in mind that this same JSTP told us "you ***cannot*** make a better decision based on your years of experience" with regard to the QC empty move suggestions, and he also said that the best way to find out where the board boundaries are is to "move towards the board position hotspot city and use Macro 32 to determine when you jump the board." Here's a grain of salt.

I called and asked the people who actually process the paperwork, and they said for e-mail, a PDF or Kodak Image filetypes are preferred, with Kodak Image being best as it interfaces directly with the system and they don't have to print those out and scan them in by hand like they do with the PDF files.

The Kodak Image files are mainly just a proprietary compressed TIFF file with specific header information that allows it to interface directly with the system.

Honestly, it still amazes me that they cannot electronically "scan" a PDF file from the file itself, rather than having to print it out and manually scan it in. Particularly since Kodak imaging software will import a PDF file directly, and most scanning software supports scanning from electronic documents. I think they need to get a better class of computer nerd, pocket protector required.

TwoMotherTrkrs

Seasoned Expediter
10/4 Turtle! Although, on this one, I think JSP had the right info. Remember they have changed IT folks at least once since we started this.

I wonder...in the beginning they were saying that if your PRO didn't show up as 'received' they either didn't get it, or it was illegible. Wonder if all these 'lost' or 'not received' PROs are actually resolution problems and were considered illegible.