The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I never said anything about it being admitted as part of this lawsuit ... just that it may get additional play in the media.
Ah, OK. Hard to tell the contextual reference when statements are made in separate posts.
And then there's Trump's own rather dubious comments - of a sexual nature - about his own daughter ... which are bound to be seen in a new light.
Those comments are already seen in about a creepy a light as there is. I'm not sure in what other kind of light they can be viewed.
As far as the recantation goes, folks do all kinds of things ... particularly when there are big sums of money involved.
Just as some people believe that an accusation alone is more than enough proof that someone did what they are accused of, regardless of the actual disposition of the case, they and others sometimes believe a recanted statement is done not for the truth or for clarity, but for some other wholly unproven motive, especially if that other motive allows the original statement to play well into their own bias.

I don't know about you or anyone else, but I have no reason to disbelieve Ivana Trump where she said in her statement that "I felt violated, as the love and tenderness, which he normally exhibited towards me, was absent. I referred to this as a 'rape,' but I do not want my words to be interpreted in a literal or criminal sense," nor last year when the Daily Beast story came out where she said, "I have recently read some comments attributed to me from nearly 30 years ago at a time of very high tension during my divorce from Donald. The story is totally without merit."

The 2005 comments of Trump on the video released Friday will have those who who don't like him and are easily offended jumping on the same high moral indignation train that many racists did during the Michael Vick dog fighting episode or the Don Imus "nappy-headed hoes" extravaganza. When the Daily Beast article came out last year, the knee-jerk reaction from Debbie Wasserman-Shultz summed it up pretty well. "Rape is rape. Full stop. End of story. There is no difference or division between 'forcible', 'legitimate', 'marital' or any other label Republicans slap on before the word 'rape'. All rape is a disgusting violation, and Americans have fought too long and hard for that to be acknowledged to still have it questioned in 2015." Clearly, the accusation is enough, and it should not be questioned. More than that, just the mere use of the word, even in the context of not having been raped, but in the animalistic sex context of a lack of love and tenderness during the act (i.e., bad sex) is enough for it to qualify as rape.

In that same 'easily offended and knee-jerk reaction' context, the media will absolutely pound this to a pulp, egging on the easily offended, the SJW, and those who don't like Trump to begin with. This will explode beyond the bragging of a known blowhard of his exploits with women to being essentially the same level of egregiousness as having raped multiple women in front of multiple video cameras.

Reactions: muttly

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
The election will be over soon so you guys will be able to go back to hating me because you think I'm an A hole instead of disliking me because I'm a trump hater.

Reactions: TDave

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
giphy.gif
200.gif

The Republican Party

giphy.gif

The Democratic Party

200w.gif

Donald Trump

Reactions: TDave

Yowpuggy

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hillary made a mistake and tried to get away with it. Anyone would have done that. That's no comparison to Trumps behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Bengazi???? She let four Americans die! She believes in open borders and wants to let more illegals in for you to support? I think you are a millennial that just doesn't know your history.

Reactions: Ftransit