The Trump Card...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I always see ppl on here calling out CNN on media bias, and they should. But when fox does it all I hear is crickets. Or maybe it's just the voices in my head again I'm hearing. Lol
Fox News has bias too. But there are some differences between them and CNN. Fox News, who is supposed to be the republican news network has news people that will criticize Trump. CNN doesn't do the same with Hillary.
Fox’s Shep Smith: Trump ‘Trades in Racism, Doesn’t He?’

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The fact that their news is agendized precludes the possibility of them being either fair or balanced, same as any other agendized media outlet.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Except you have shows like Shep Smith that is still on the air and doing what he does- A liberal giving his liberal opinion on a republican news channel. CNN doesn't allow dissenting opinions from their hosts. They get Dr.Drewed.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes they both have an agenda. CNN just doesn't let their hosts deviate at all from their agenda. They lose their jobs, like Dr. Drew. Shep Smith gets to stay on the air along with getting a revamped studio a couple years ago.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm not sure why whenever I or anyone says anything negative about Fox News you find it necessary to bring up CNN , as if to say say, "Yeah, well, CNN does it is tooooo!" That's a classic 'don't look so closely at Fox, pay more attention to CNN' deflection.

CNN is clearly biased, we all know that. And lately they are even more blatant about it. But they aren't agendized, where they exist solely to promote a political agenda (see; HuffPost, Daily Caller, RedState.com, MSNBC, etc.). The firing of Dr Drew is hardly enough to establish a pattern of hosts not being allowed to deviate from an agenda or they lose their jobs, especially since a bias, even a blatant one, is not necessarily an agenda. How many others at CNN have lost their jobs because they didn't stick to an agenda?

Fox News on the other hand was created explicitly to push the Conservative agenda. It would come as no surprise that they would criticize Trump as he is an anathema to the Conservative agenda.

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
If you do not vote you effectively have voted by not taking a stand. That my friend/enemy is exactly why we have the current president IMO.

Enemy? wow. I don't look at Americans with different views from mine as my enemy if that's what you mean. I have many friends and family who support trump, even though I can't stand trump it don't make me feel any different about them. Imo it's one of the things that makes America great.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
57cb234e170000172ac7767d.jpeg

Nearly Half Of Americans Have Gotten Into A Fight About The Election

Reactions: muttly

Ftransit

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Windsor, No I did not mean it that way I thought you might take offense to me calling you my friend. Many apologies. I do feel strongly about Americans not using their privileges to vote.

Reactions: Windsor

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm not sure why whenever I or anyone says anything negative about Fox News you find it necessary to bring up CNN , as if to say say, "Yeah, well, CNN does it is tooooo!" That's a classic 'don't look so closely at Fox, pay more attention to CNN' deflection.

CNN is clearly biased, we all know that. And lately they are even more blatant about it. But they aren't agendized, where they exist solely to promote a political agenda (see; HuffPost, Daily Caller, RedState.com, MSNBC, etc.). The firing of Dr Drew is hardly enough to establish a pattern of hosts not being allowed to deviate from an agenda or they lose their jobs, especially since a bias, even a blatant one, is not necessarily an agenda. How many others at CNN have lost their jobs because they didn't stick to an agenda?

Fox News on the other hand was created explicitly to push the Conservative agenda. It would come as no surprise that they would criticize Trump as he is an anathema to the Conservative agenda.
Umm, CNN was mentioned previously in this thread. I was responding to Windsor's post, which he also mentioned CNN along with Fox News. Disagree about CNN not being agendized. According to one article I read, about the Dr. Drew firing,while his spokesperson says his comments weren't the cause of him not being renewed, a source said CNN brass wanted a retraction from him. It was politically damaging to the candidate they want to help win the election.
I don't know exactly how many others from CNN have lost their jobs from deviating, Maybe they don't deviate much because...repercussions. It's interesting that Fox News would be mentioned for criticizing Trump because of lack of conservative credentials because Fox has also have been criticized for being a cheer leader for Trump as well. https://www.google.com/amp/pagesix....discussing-hillarys-health/amp/?client=safari

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Umm, CNN was mentioned previously in this thread. I was responding to Windsor's post, which he also mentioned CNN along with Fox News.
Nevertheless, you used CNN as a deflection to mitigate what Fox News does, even going as far as to claim that CNN doesn't allow dissenting opinion from their hosts (they do allow it).

Disagree about CNN not being agendized. According to one article I read, about the Dr. Drew firing,while his spokesperson says his comments weren't the cause of him not being renewed, a source said CNN brass wanted a retraction from him. It was politically damaging to the candidate they want to help win the election.
One article citing a unnamed source in PopSugar and GossipCop fashion is hardly worth referencing to make a point, tho. Nevertheless, his comments being politically damaging to the candidate they want to help win the election is not even close to being agendized. It's biased. Heavily biased, but it's not agendized. Unless, of course, you think their agenda is simply to help elect Hillary, then sure, it's an agenda. But their news is not agendized.

Agendized news is propaganda. It's where you have an agenda to push a certain perspective or accomplish certain goals. Fox News was invented to push the Conservative perspective and to enable Conservative goals. It goes beyond a bias to slant things in a certain direction. CNN has a bias, and a strong one, but their news isn't, by and large, agendized. Bits and pieces on certain issues, sure, like gun control, certain LGBTQ issues, etc., but not as a whole. They fully cover Hillary's e-mail scandal, albeit in a highly biased manner. The Democrat's (and Hillary's) agenda is to ignore the e-mails and move on, but CNN covers it. If they were agendized they wouldn't cover it, or would give it the flippant, dismissive coverage that Hillary wants. Instead, their bias has them covering it, but instead of focusing on the content of the emails and the questions they raise, they focus on how they were leaked. But even that's catching up with them, with the additional released e-mails and the notes from the FBI's investigation making the manner in which they were leaked irrelevant, so they're having to cover the substance of the documents.

Fox News is an unprincipled enabler in the right-wing echo chamber, not an independent journalistic operation. CNN, while biased, is still an independent journalistic operation. Just because a news organization doesn't pound the stump of conservatism doesn't mean they are therefore an agendized operation. If you still can't see the difference between biased news and agendized news, even after all the things that have been written about it and that can be easily researched, then I got nothing.

I don't know exactly how many others from CNN have lost their jobs from deviating,
Other than Drew, none that are publicly known. So your claim is a little spurious. There needs to be several clear-cut examples of such deviation for there to even be a pattern, much less live up to the claim that they don't allow it. The fact is many hosts on CNN have said things critical of Hillary and they remain at CNN.

It's interesting that Fox News would be mentioned for criticizing Trump because of lack of conservative credentials because Fox has also have been criticized for being a cheer leader for Trump as well.
Well, Hannity, Bolling, Guilfoyle and Greta VanSusteren cheer Trump, but Fox News not so much. Fox News cheers Trump when it's done in the course of hacking at Hillary and/or to promote the Conservative agenda. They certainly don't promote his policies or comments, unless they are in lock-step with the Conservative agenda.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just got done watching about Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton on tv. Apparently Hamilton missed his target on purpose.
It had to have been intentional! Raymond Burr was a large target and would be hard to miss. Was Raymond Burr seated in a wheelchair or standing?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm not voting for either one. Hillary is going to win anyways.
Of course she's going to win. It's her destiny and our penance for an ignorant and apathetic electorate. Even though she's going to win, don't you want to be able to say you voted for her and helped make history? Or is it herstory?
Hillary History.JPG

Reactions: Turtle