The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ruh-roh ... do they just not understand that The Donald was ... foretold:

Christian Taliban To Crucify Donald Trump For His Sins
"...drinks the wine at his Presbyterian church, which is remarkable considering how Presbyterians don’t drink wine during communion..."

Depends. Some have wine, some have grape juice. Most, but certainly not all, will usually have have both. When both is available, the grape juice is either just regular grape juice or un-fermented non-alcoholic wine. The Presbyterian church I attended growing up in Cincinnati had both, wine and regular Welch's grape juice.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Monday, in Dallas, Trump enjoyed a rousing rally; not to be confused with Ronda Rousey who draws the cheers of thousands by eliminating her opponents with immediate dispatch.

Reactions: muttly and Turtle

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Trump should be fine with the neo-cons. He has a :censoredsign: with making the most formidable military in the world even larger, so no one screws with us.

Um... Donald... it is we who are screwing with them.

Is there anyone in the Republican primaries who isn't a war monger?

Reactions: cheri1122 and RLENT

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Trump opposed the war in Iraq.
He's flip-flopped all over the place on a variety of things over the years ... hard to tell where he really stands on anything, whether he actually has any strongly-held beliefs (besides in his own "greatness"), or whether it's all just for show.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So did Obama. What's your point?
Just mentioning that he wasn't for the war in Iraq. Although he views ISIS as a threat and mentioned taking them on militarily.
Advocates tripling sanctions on Iran first. Mixed bag with him. He's not always advocating for war is my only point.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Is there anyone in the Republican primaries who isn't a war monger?
Not only Trump, but also Rand Paul comes to mind; and if the truth be known, I'll bet Jeb Bush would be extremely reluctant to send US troops anywhere. There's not nearly so many "warmongers" among the field as the MSM would have us believe. Of course they all get falsely portrayed by the media as "radical" right wingers.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Not only Trump, but also Rand Paul comes to mind; and if the truth be known, I'll bet Jeb Bush would be extremely reluctant to send US troops anywhere. There's not nearly so many "warmongers" among the field as the MSM would have us believe. Of course they all get falsely portrayed by the media as "radical" right wingers.

I like Rand, but even he is on the "I'll make the military bigger" bandwagon. What are these fools going to do when the yoot don't want to put their lives on the line over a perpetual war?

Reactions: RLENT

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Just mentioning that he wasn't for the war in Iraq. Although he views ISIS as a threat and mentioned taking them on militarily.
Advocates tripling sanctions on Iran first. Mixed bag with him. He's not always advocating for war is my only point.

Taking on ISIS face to face means taking on the civilians face to face. It doesn't work. You end up with more enemies than you've started with, and a butt-load of soldiers with PTSD from killing innocents.

Reactions: RLENT and cheri1122

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Not only Trump, but also Rand Paul comes to mind;
Rand Paul has largely destroyed any credibility he may have had with most of the supporters he had from his fathers base, having elected to go the political (but dishonest) route.

He's pandered to the neocon/war hawk contingent in hopes of attracting support - something that will never happen, because they hate him with a passion.

Which largely explains why he's at, where he is at, in the polls.

Barring some significant event or come-to-Jesus moment, stick a fork in him ...

and if the truth be known, I'll bet Jeb Bush would be extremely reluctant to send US troops anywhere.
And you would lose.

If you want to understand a candidates predilections on foreign policy, then you can skip most of what they say, and look at who they surround themselves with for foreign policy advisers.

Jeb! would be Shrub 2.0 ...

There's not nearly so many "warmongers" among the field as the MSM would have us believe.
And I'd say that there are a lot more than some would have us believe ...

Of course, when that "some" are huge fans of foreign interventionism and military action (versus diplomacy), one might expect that at least some of them would be less than honest about furthering their actual agenda.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Some polls have Trump winning last night's debate. Carly Fiorina apparently did well also and scored some near fall points ( wrestling term) against him with her 'face' comments.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByEO Forums1442497798.824332.jpg
    ImageUploadedByEO Forums1442497798.824332.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 17