Tesla Power wall in Sprinter

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
never found bedbugs in all my years....
Stayed in one when a blown high pressure line put me into a shop and they forbade me from sleeping in their lot...just the thought of bringing them back home makes me itchy, it's not like they check between customers :eek:

Course one delivery to Laredo and they'd be cooked dead

LOJOnline

New Recruit
Researching
Would love to hear more about your battery bank when you have opportunity turtle..

Turtle will eventually tell me why it won't work :D
Whether it's a traditional battery bank or a li-on Power Wall, resistive heat, air conditioners, induction motors are not well suited for inverter use. A 7kw Power Wall is still just 583 amp hours (my battery bank in 610 Ah). You'll be able to get about 550 amp hours out of it before it's dead, and if you can put back as many as 30 amp hours from the alternator (bulk charge), it'll take between 20 and 25 hours to recharge it fully.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Would love to hear more about your battery bank when you have opportunity turtle..

Turtle will eventually tell me why it won't work :D
Whether it's a traditional battery bank or a li-on Power Wall, resistive heat, air conditioners, induction motors are not well suited for inverter use. A 7kw Power Wall is still just 583 amp hours (my battery bank in 610 Ah). You'll be able to get about 550 amp hours out of it before it's dead, and if you can put back as many as 30 amp hours from the alternator (bulk charge), it'll take between 20 and 25 hours to recharge it fully.
Turtle seems to be busy nowadays I miss his posts. The entire battery bank setup of his is documented on here, as well as many others...I dunno try searching for "battery" posts by "turtle"

To my original question...lots of youtube posts in how to build your OWN power wall...i've decided on the Honda EU2000....

Reactions: T270_Dreamin