So Long

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So long my old friend. Today you are being replaced by a newer, smaller, more advanced model. You've been with my current van since May, 2004. Costing me just over $18,000 for your companionship. That $18,000 could have bought me 5,000 gallons of gasoline. Oh the places I could have gone, the freight I could have hauled with an extra 5000 gallons at my disposal. Your replacement will probably be a poor excuse for a wheel chock. Good bye!
e77acb6e-04e1-42ab-96c2-7b729ec759a8_zps17dcc0c2.jpg

Last edited:

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Just think of the fuel savings to come,,hauling the small new improved version around. You will be going places now.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I was thinking the one he showed above was the latest and greatest QC.. Very few of us had that model over at T*T. Everyone complained when they seen mine saying they wanted that stlye. Everyone else had a really small screen and ya had to scroll to read each line.
What upgrades have they done?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So long my old friend. Today you are being replaced by a newer, smaller, more advanced model.

I just got a call from Panther. My old friend won't be replaced today and probably not tomorrow either. Instead of sending my QC UPS Next Day, somebody shipped it standard ground. I sometimes question Panther's claims to be a leader in expedite and global logistics when they can't send a package via UPS part way across the country without screwing it up. At least they are paying me $100 a day while I'm down.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That was the good one. Much better than the piece of junk they're using now.

Have you used the newer smaller ones? I have not had a problem with mine in over three years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

Brisco

Expert Expediter
So long my old friend. Today you are being replaced by a newer, smaller, more advanced model. You've been with my current van since May, 2004. Costing me just over $18,000 for your companionship. That $18,000 could have bought me 5,000 gallons of gasoline. Oh the places I could have gone. The freight I could have hauled with an extra 5 grand at my disposal. Your replacement will probably be a poor excuse for a wheel chock. Good bye!

*** !!UNEDITED VERSION!! ***

:)

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
I just got a call from Panther. My old friend won't be replaced today and probably not tomorrow either. Instead of sending my QC UPS Next Day, somebody shipped it standard ground. I sometimes question Panther's claims to be a leader in expedite and global logistics when they can't send a package via UPS part way across the country without screwing it up. At least they are paying me $100 a day while I'm down.

I knew my QC stopped working on "purpose". Why not just be truthful sometimes? This must have been a ploy to get rid off all the old QCs, now I have to wait here in Houston until Friday before mine shows up.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using EO Forums mobile app

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, I was one of the beta testers for the new one so I endured it forever. I hated it. Way too small keyboard and not good balance among other things.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yes, I was one of the beta testers for the new one so I endured it forever. I hated it. Way too small keyboard and not good balance among other things.

It's like trying to type on a cinder block.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm no logistics expert, but it would seem to me it would be more practical and cheaper to send out another batch of QCs next day UPS than to pay drivers $100 a day to sit. The originally shipped QCs could be sent back to Pantherville via slow boat, when and if they ever arrive.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Moot, how many times we gotta tell you common sense has no place in expediting? :rolleyes:

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
I'm no logistics expert, but it would seem to me it would be more practical and cheaper to send out another batch of QCs next day UPS than to pay drivers $100 a day to sit. The originally shipped QCs could be sent back to Pantherville via slow boat, when and if they ever arrive.

If for some reason, my new QC dosent show up until late friday ,or not at all, they will have to pay me atleast $600? (Teusday, wens, thur, fri, sat, sun)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Imagine the chinchilla farm you could have started with $18k.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app