Sirius XM Weather Channel Cut

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Everything seems to happen when I'm not driving. I liked that channel too. Guess I will be using my weather app more on my phone.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thank you, Cheri. I didn't expect anyone to infer that I was recommending texting while driving, but apparently some have.

Or they feel compelled to conjure up reasons to rebuke others in order to feel superlative. Not sure which. :p

Just joshin' ya, Mr. Layoutshooter, sir. Just joshin'. ;)

In NO way was I trying to rebuke you. In reality I was overstating the obvious because, believe or not, there will be people who would read this and try it while driving. By the way I am NOT a Mr. or a Sir, I was enlisted, I worked for a living!! (you know what that means if you are prior military and it is a joke if you don't know what it means)

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
I was hugely disappointed to learn Sirius XM had cut the Weather Channel. It was easy, convenient and always there. Now, a resource has been removed. Some channels are pure enjoyment, some are important. XM's weather channel was an important tool for me. Sure, XM still offers some channels devoted to traffic and weather in select metro areas. There are thousands of miles of interstate highway nowhere near a metro area. Obviously, this decision was made by folks who live in a large urban area who are not required to drive a thousand miles on 10 minutes notice.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Without weather, is XM still a tax deduction? :confused::confused:

I would say yes. There still is local traffic and weather channels plus Road Dog trucking on #171 gives weather updates for interstates at the top and bottom of each hour. It's not too in depth though.

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
I too am disappointed about Xm taking the Weather Channel off the air. Especially when we stopped at the TA in Dallas the other day and there was a tornado touching ground at the time we were going into the truck stop. The lady in booth said,"get out of that truck and into the truck stop"..and didn't give me
a ticket. We really listened to the weather channel a lot in the winter. I don't know what they are thinking!

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I too am disappointed about Xm taking the Weather Channel off the air. Especially when we stopped at the TA in Dallas the other day and there was a tornado touching ground at the time we were going into the truck stop. The lady in booth said,"get out of that truck and into the truck stop"..and didn't give me
a ticket. We really listened to the weather channel a lot in the winter. I don't know what they are thinking!

They are probably doing it to cut costs thinking that not too may people wil cancell subscription just because of a weather channel. Unfortunately they are probably right. I listened to it for severe weather updates mainly.Though they didn't keep the weather conditons up to the minute, it was still usefull. I use my lap top wifi and go to a hotspot such as McDonalds parking lot,etc. and go to weather sites such as accuweather,intellicast, or weather.com and can get radar and weather conditions.

jw-bama

Seasoned Expediter
by the way it was the weather channel that would not renew the contract with sirius/xm.not the other way around.