showers for gas burners

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I don't get the sprinter people, they have so much room, just get a truck shower and don't have to worry about shower heads, Shower heads with Mycobacterium avium, bacteria on the floor, viruses on the sink and toilet and a lack of clean towels.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
As Cheri said, shower wipe towels and a water to wash one's hair.

I have a small container that fits under the sink faucets in restrooms for pouring water over my head.

I drape a towel over my shoulders and wash my hair at the sink.

I must have clean hair. I feel yucky when it does not get washed.

I would never never stick my face down anywhere near a sink basin in any truck stop.

Not trying to freak ya out here, OK. But........

A while back, can't remember where, I had stopped for a quick pit stop at this J, TA, Pilot, (???). As I was walked in there was this trucker standing there at the sinks brushing his teeth. As I was standing there taking care of business I was listening to him spit spit spit as he rinsed. As I zipped and turned around to go wash my hands, I watched him do the "close one nostril with hand and blow" right into the sink. Did left nostril first, then right nostril. Scrubbed his nose with back of hand real quick, turned water off and walked out. As I was standing there 2 sinks down washing my hands I glanced over at the sink he was at.

Needless to say, he wasn't a very good marksman with his aim and also probably wasn't known for cleaning up after himself either. I have never used the bathroom in a truck stop for anything other than "Standing" usage for bodily waste disposal and a real quick rinse at the sink to at least get me to my truck for my sanitary wipes ever since.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would never never stick my face down anywhere near a sink basin in any truck stop.

Not trying to freak ya out here, OK. But........

A while back, can't remember where, I had stopped for a quick pit stop at this J, TA, Pilot, (???). As I was walked in there was this trucker standing there at the sinks brushing his teeth. As I was standing there taking care of business I was listening to him spit spit spit as he rinsed. As I zipped and turned around to go wash my hands, I watched him do the "close one nostril with hand and blow" right into the sink. Did left nostril first, then right nostril. Scrubbed his nose with back of hand real quick, turned water off and walked out. As I was standing there 2 sinks down washing my hands I glanced over at the sink he was at.

Needless to say, he wasn't a very good marksman with his aim and also probably wasn't known for cleaning up after himself either. I have never used the bathroom in a truck stop for anything other than "Standing" usage for bodily waste disposal and a real quick rinse at the sink to at least get me to my truck for my sanitary wipes ever since.

I too have witnessed that disgusting act as well...never face in the sink...yuck...is that a popular thing with drivers?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't get the sprinter people, they have so much room, just get a truck shower and don't have to worry about shower heads, Shower heads with Mycobacterium avium, bacteria on the floor, viruses on the sink and toilet and a lack of clean towels.

How many times you going to post that link? You got shares or getting kickbacks? *L*;)

60MPH

Expert Expediter
There is kinda sneaky way....2 vans go in together they both fuel from the same pump, one after the other get the 50 gallons total then get a FULL shower credit...then one goes in takes a shower and the next guy, brings their own towels and viola...shower for two...*L* Screw Pilot for now...:D

You don't need to have the other driver wait, just go up there together and tell then he is your student and he does not have a pilot card yet. They will give both of yall keys and towels. Badda-bing-badda-boom!!

Brisco

Expert Expediter
You don't need to have the other driver wait, just go up there together and tell then he is your student and he does not have a pilot card yet. They will give both of yall keys and towels. Badda-bing-badda-boom!!

And I hope they're keys to 2 different shower rooms! :D

bryanvolsfan

Seasoned Expediter
The Owner of LOVES is a former VP of Operations at Pilot, thats why the stores are similar. Flying J was having finacial trouble because they were paying their tank drivers nearly 80k a year, not to mention office personel were making around the same. Jimmy Haslam the now VP of Pilot sold his soul to purchase Flying J. The only remaining memory we will ever have of Flying J will be the look of the building. The new name is PFJ, all run from one central location in Knoxville, TN! I knew of this almost 2 years ago, my brother is head of transportation at Pilot. I ask all the time about Pilot being more "Expeditor Friendly" but the powers that be are focused on BIG TRUCKS, because diesal sales is BIG BUCKS, not just O/O's but Trucking companies that use Pilot fleet cards. According to my brother, Pilots plan is to buy up as much competition as they can, they are now eyeing Petro!

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
brush ur teeth in the van,,,paper cup , fresh water, spit it in the cup, throw it in the grass in the evening, so there,,now I get 5 bucks from each of u on that Idea, I can take a shower,,lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllamen

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

To clarify: I didn't wash my hair in the bathroom, but in the passenger seat of my truck. With head hanging out, pouring water over it - not an option on chilly nights, but it was pretty hot, like it is now, and it felt wonderful! :D

transporter

Expert Expediter
i am visuallizing cheri driving in circles at truckstop with her head out of window until her head was dry. yelling Weee Weeeee

fredb29617

Seasoned Expediter
I spoke with pilot customer service the other day and they have no intent to change there policy any time soon. So I told her that I will take my business to the TA's and use there new program. They said that they were sorry to see me go I told her I'm sure that I was not the only Expeditier that had the same thoughts.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I don't care about the Policy at PILOT Centers...its what they impliment at the "J's" that we need to keep on them about....if they put the same program in place at the "J's"...then yea TA will get ALL of my business...