showers for gas burners

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
In all seriousness,,TA's are good for 2 things, no.1- pass them by and no.2- see # 1. whoops, will add #3- use their bathroom if I hve to.:eek:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I didn't take the time to look for the thread on E-mailing Pilot and since this thread deals with CV Showers, I figured I'd put the reply to my e-mail to Pilot on the shower program :

Dear Mr -------:

Thank you for taking time to email me with your concern. Our driver
payback program is for the 18 wheelers only. At this time we don't have
a program for Expeditors, however we are looking at adding it later. I
am not sure how long it will take to roll out the program but there will
be some changes made. At that time you would be able to get showers, so
please hang in there, we are working on something for you.

Sincerely
Customer Service

This email is in response to your customer service submission
at pilottravelcenters.com at 03:50 PM on 07/15/2010.

So there it is, pretty vague, but it seems something is coming...guess we just have to wait them out....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
from the Pilot people at the J/Pilot in Knoxville...It'll be awhile before every J is switched over...the guy is flying out to CA to do 3 J's out there....He is the guy doing the change overs...

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
The way I look at it..they over charge on the fuel to begin with and then give us something FREE in return? That does not compute...besides I need the tax deductions they are worth more in my case...

don't know if it is like this everywhere BUT we were at the jackson ga j recently. the bp just off the hwy was 2.659 for rul. at the j the price was 2.469. seems like someone was overcharging.

guido4475

Not a Member
Ohio Turnpike..FREE, no purchase required...BYOT....:D

I take advantage of those free showers on the Oh turnpike as much as possible.No waiting, always clean, not bad at all. Wear the proper footwear, and place a towel on the floor. otherwise, the floor is super-slippery and will send you a flyin, trust me. I ended up in the hallway after I got stopped...In a towel, mind you.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
As Cheri said, shower wipe towels and a water to wash one's hair.

I have a small container that fits under the sink faucets in restrooms for pouring water over my head.

I drape a towel over my shoulders and wash my hair at the sink.

I must have clean hair. I feel yucky when it does not get washed.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I take advantage of those free showers on the Oh turnpike as much as possible.No waiting, always clean, not bad at all. Wear the proper footwear, and place a towel on the floor. otherwise, the floor is super-slippery and will send you a flyin, trust me. I ended up in the hallway after I got stopped...In a towel, mind you.

I do not consider those free showers.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
from the Pilot people at the J/Pilot in Knoxville...It'll be awhile before every J is switched over...the guy is flying out to CA to do 3 J's out there....He is the guy doing the change overs...

What change over?

"The Flying J in Knoxville will remain a Flying J" from dist. manager of Pilot/Flying J.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
According to an employee at the Saginaw J, that location will have a Pilot sign installed above the J sign. Like the Pilot/Road Rangers. When I was there last week it looked like the beverage area was one of the areas they were working on. Let's hope for Pilot coffee!!

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
According to an employee at the Saginaw J, that location will have a Pilot sign installed above the J sign. Like the Pilot/Road Rangers. When I was there last week it looked like the beverage area was one of the areas they were working on. Let's hope for Pilot coffee!!

Yep, I'm here now and they have tore out the racks and counter at the fuel desk, and I guess the good thing, Pilot coffee.....coming soon. I think they all will change over to the coffee. Kirkersville J was telling me they are changing over.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
fairview tn, fj, new coffee makers where put in last week,,yea,, more then 2 selections now,,,i believe its 8 coffee makers,,,amen

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
What change over?

"The Flying J in Knoxville will remain a Flying J" from dist. manager of Pilot/Flying J.

Yes..it is a J...but does NOT take the reward card anymore....you must fuel at the back to get Pilot Cashback rewards...you do NOT get a 1/2 credit for shower or drink there anymore....even the shower machine is pilot software...

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
yes..it is a j...but does not take the reward card anymore....you must fuel at the back to get pilot cashback rewards...you do not get a 1/2 credit for shower or drink there anymore....even the shower machine is pilot software...

this means w a r !

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
this means w a r !

There is kinda sneaky way....2 vans go in together they both fuel from the same pump, one after the other get the 50 gallons total then get a FULL shower credit...then one goes in takes a shower and the next guy, brings their own towels and viola...shower for two...*L* Screw Pilot for now...:D

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There is kinda sneaky way....2 vans go in together they both fuel from the same pump, one after the other get the 50 gallons total then get a FULL shower credit...then one goes in takes a shower and the next guy, brings their own towels and viola...shower for two...*L* Screw Pilot for now...:D

Pilotflyingj.com said the programs will remain the same for now. Check back to see the new program.....

I'll just install a drain in the floor and get one of those camping showers.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Pilotflyingj.com said the programs will remain the same for now. Check back to see the new program.....

I'll just install a drain in the floor and get one of those camping showers.

They lied...imagine that...a white lie....

Just scratch plans of a Knoxville shower...for now...