September Banter & Location

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
More than I want. I have a busy next 45 days of meetings and travel, none of it for fun :(

But I think of me as the eye in the sky! Of course airborne wifi didn't work for 3 hours on my last flight....I felt so alone.

John they're selling Blackberry Playbooks up here for $299. Fits nicely in a jacket....

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
More than I want. I have a busy next 45 days of meetings and travel, none of it for fun :(

But I think of me as the eye in the sky! Of course airborne wifi didn't work for 3 hours on my last flight....I felt so alone.

We're you comforted by alcoholic beverages? Do they have Jameson on airlines?:)

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
Still OOS at my brothers house. Had the Belt tensioner go out on us the other day which in turn took out the idler pulley above it. Replaced those, then went to replace the alternator since the clutch pulley was bad. Got it late last night as it was raining out, installed it this morning, replaced the turbo resonator while i had it out. I was ready to put the belt back on when i spun the alternator by hand and noticed the pulley had a wobble to it. Mind you this is a completely reman unit and its defective........what happened to buying good quality auto parts? So now i have to remove the Alt again which is an hour plus job, then wait for the other new one to come in this afternoon. Beetween waiting on parts and waiting for the rain to clear up I am getting really frusterated. Hoping to have everything back up and running by this evening.

Enough of my rantings. Hope everyone is out running long good paying loads.

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
Still OOS at my brothers house. Had the Belt tensioner go out on us the other day which in turn took out the idler pulley above it. Replaced those, then went to replace the alternator since the clutch pulley was bad. Got it late last night as it was raining out, installed it this morning, replaced the turbo resonator while i had it out. I was ready to put the belt back on when i spun the alternator by hand and noticed the pulley had a wobble to it. Mind you this is a completely reman unit and its defective........what happened to buying good quality auto parts? So now i have to remove the Alt again which is an hour plus job, then wait for the other new one to come in this afternoon. Beetween waiting on parts and waiting for the rain to clear up I am getting really frusterated. Hoping to have everything back up and running by this evening.

Enough of my rantings. Hope everyone is out running long good paying loads.

Hang in there Nick! Your luck will turn around

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Remanufactured alternators are generally fine, as they have regular pulleys on them. But alternators with a decoupler pulley, well, most of those reman units come without the decoupler pulley, for good reason - few know how to install those pulleys properly. If I were to get a reman Sprinter alternator, I'd want it remanufactured by Bosch and not a reman shop. Those decouplers are just too quirky. And since the cost difference between reman and new is so small, I'd go (and did) with OEM for the replacement.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Clinton TN to Wayne Micih.... might go OOS and end this week...have some business and entertainment over the weekend and then more business till noon Tues....guess its time for a few extra days at home...

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Remanufactured alternators are generally fine, as they have regular pulleys on them. But alternators with a decoupler pulley, well, most of those reman units come without the decoupler pulley, for good reason - few know how to install those pulleys properly. If I were to get a reman Sprinter alternator, I'd want it remanufactured by Bosch and not a reman shop. Those decouplers are just too quirky. And since the cost difference between reman and new is so small, I'd go (and did) with OEM for the replacement.

Have to agree. I've had so-so luck with remans. The only way I will put another one on is if there is no OEM available to get the truck moving.

On another note, I just downloaded the TA/Petro app to my new droid. I was checking it out when I noticed that most locations show how many parking spots and showers are available. Don't know how close it is to real time, but it's cool none the less. They gave you a choice of apps, iphone or droid. PFJ should take notice since they don't have a droid app and you have to download iTunes to get the iphone one. TA is way ahead of them on this one.:D

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Load from Greensboro, NC to Wixom. Picked a 1 lb box in Dearborn to Cleveland. Sitting #2 in Cleveland.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Don't know how close it is to real time, but it's cool none the less.
Not sure about the truck spots, but the available showers are within seconds of real time, since those numbers come right out of the system that the showers use. It's very kewl. Another one is you can redeem a shower right from the app, and it'll send you an e-mail (or a text message, whichever you set it up for) with the PIN number for the shower. I've done that several times. Sit in the van and wait for showers to open up, redeem it, and by the time I'm inside the building I've got my PIN in an e-mail. :)

guido4475

Not a Member

If youre ever bored at night, give us a call, if you see us on the move.Our late-night conference calls amongst each other can get pretty interesting, the topics and all...lol:eek:

guido4475

Not a Member
Ran a bunch of local and not so local runs yesterday, very productive! Ended up in Muscatine,Ia, this morning.Slept, woke up, did a 19, #1.out of 1.Go to Davenport to grab a shower, #3 out of 3.So I move to Lasalle,Ill, still #3 out of 3. I need and want another 1,000 loaded miles for the week.Have alot on my plate that needs done.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ran a bunch of local and not so local runs yesterday, very productive! Ended up in Muscatine,Ia, this morning.Slept, woke up, did a 19, #1.out of 1.Go to Davenport to grab a shower, #3 out of 3.So I move to Lasalle,Ill, still #3 out of 3. I need and want another 1,000 loaded miles for the week.Have alot on my plate that needs done.
BREAKING NEWS ~~~ At the end of September of 2011 the government will start deporting all the Crazy people!!! I started crying when I thought of YOU!!! RUN My little Crazy Friend RUN!!!. . . . Well, what can I say? LOL....:p