September Banter & Location

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Got in the van to drive 274 miles to Roanoke. Just as I started the van, Mike called with a possible load picking up in NJ and going to NC. So in a holding pattern at the moment.

I've done this move before, when I got 50 or so miles out from Roanoke, bingo. Great load picking up in Roanoke. So if the NJ load don't come through, cross my fingers for the same result in Roanoke.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Not really....they sell a kit 2 pulleys and a tensioner plus belt...we are thinking to change them out maybe once a year or so....just as a preventative measure and cheap insurance...$155 for the kit...

I think you showed me the one you carry.
I'll check with Euro and see if they have one for mine.
Thanks for the heads up.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
golfournut wrote:

OVM wrote:

Ahhhh..Speaking of "Moves"....."Thanks Chef"....:D

We'll see....lets see who gets the load first before the "Thank You"...since you made the move I was going to do....LOL:p
UNITS IN AREA|LARGE STRAIGHT:2|SPRINTER:3|POSITION IN TRUCK CLASS SPRINTER:1

Last edited:

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Ouch! Is there any preventative, or mileage to go by for replacement prior to that happening?

Check the tensioner when you change the serp belt. If you can wobble the pulley, change it. Same goes for the idler pulley.

I'd change them at 50k to be safe. The belt flying around causes the most damage. The 3.0L can really suffer as digging already knows. :(

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Just changed it 35000 ago. no squeaks cracks rattle or anything. It wasn't leaned forward or split apart.or anything. we had literally just checked like two days ago.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Check the tensioner when you change the serp belt. If you can wobble the pulley, change it. Same goes for the idler pulley.

I'd change them at 50k to be safe. The belt flying around causes the most damage. The 3.0L can really suffer as digging already knows. :(

Is that the belt only at every 50k and the other stuff as needed or everything at 50k intervals?

Last edited:

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Well the NJ load didn't come thru. In Ronoake now. Didn't get lucky like last time. Can't win them all.
Tomorrow!

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
It was actually June when we were in Florida when we replaced all the pulleys and tensionor.

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well delivered this morning around Toledo, than went outta service and came down here to Columbus and went to Mercedes Benz of Easton aka Germain Mercedes Benz...Got an Oil Change, Top Off of the Add Blue, got the check engine light checked out...(Catalytic Converter not performing up to standards said I was ok to go for now but need to keep an eye on it...$1400 with parts and Labor...CRAZY...SO now Im eating dinner than off to bed and hope to wake up to a great week of running...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sitting at a rest area south of Fort Wayne...delivering to GM assembly in the morning....

I hear the boss was off collecting air miles again....:)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Pilot in Murfreesboro TN on 24....after running a "local" for Caren....lookin for something towards home, have business to take care of this weekend and the 1st of the week....

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I hear the boss was off collecting air miles again....:)[/QUOTE said:
More than I want. I have a busy next 45 days of meetings and travel, none of it for fun :(

But I think of me as the eye in the sky! Of course airborne wifi didn't work for 3 hours on my last flight....I felt so alone.