Really poor manners # 32403 ?

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'd suggest heavy duty plastic bags, and take out to trash can every time. And you can use an old paint bucket with a metal wire handle. Old fabric softener bottles work great for pee bottles. Can't see what in them, large opening and cap that seals tight.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I'd suggest heavy duty plastic bags, and take out to trash can every time. And you can use an old paint bucket with a metal wire handle. Old fabric softener bottles work great for pee bottles. Can't see what in them, large opening and cap that seals tight.

Large opening, your bragging again!

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is that what it costs to dump your Porta Potty? I used to use jugs and then empty them out in the restroom, but I hated to do that. I have never urinated in a truck stop, or any parking lot for that matter. I did however stop and do that on an on ramp a few times (I did it in the grass) when I was a green tractor trailer driver. I don't do that anymore. I'm trying to get a good system down for when I return to the road.

How does the Porta Potty work? How do up dump it? Does it smell in between the time when you use it and dump it? I have also read about using a bucket and kitty litter. Any of these options are way better than urinating in the parking lots. Also, I despise drivers who throw their jugs on the side of the road. Those things build up gas and will explode when cleanup crews have to go out there and pick them up. You would figure with this kind of problem going on for so many years, the entire industry would come together to figure out a good way to end it. What are your suggestions?
No I don't smell it at all there are chemicals that eat the waste,think I payed 75.00 for it 8 years ago chems. run 8.90 a bag good for a month or so.
dump fee is 3.00 at the j with a frequent fueler card it cost me proly 75 bucks a year to properly dispose of said waste.and I know no one peed on the seat.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
62146287.jpg

Marty

Veteran Expediter
Embarrassing someone to thousands of people in the same industry as this driver is certainly a harsh punishment. I must ask if when you confronted this driver did you ask him if there were an emergency that lead him to urinate in the parking lot. If so you didn't mention this your post. If not then you tried, convicted, and punished this man without fair representation. Much as lynch mobs did in the Old West. I would hate to see this forum become a lynch mob for the expediting industry.
I must also ask, who among us has never had a time when he or she had to urinated and couldn't hold it in long enough to get to a bathroom? When this happened did you urinate in you pants or did you go where you had to trying to hide yourself as well as possible. You didn't see this driver until you went past his truck. Some on this forum think this man's employer should be notified. If well thought out, is there really anyone on this forum so self-righteous as to believe this man should possibly lose his employment due to his action of which none of us know if there were any mitigating circumstances?
In recent years I have seen many careers and many lives destroyed because many in our society believe that anyone other than themselves should be severely punished for any mistake or perceived mistake they make. No second chances. No chance to right a wrong. No chance to explain. No benefit of the doubt. Only intolerance and meanness.
Much more disgusting than this driver urinating beside his truck is this meanness and intolerance that unwarrantedly has hurt so many and has lessened the lives of us all.

Reactions: Turtle

Marty

Veteran Expediter
Seriously? It's such an easy thing not to do even a water bottle in your truck would work.
Yes, but he might not have been prepared. We don't know the circumstances and to be so harsh to someone not knowing why he did what he did is wrong.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What he did was wrong and trying to make excuses for something so simple to avoid is crazy. I'm 57 years old and have never stood beside my truck pissing in a parking lot. It's called laziness plain and simple.