Really poor manners # 32403 ?

mcarriers

Seasoned Expediter
While leaving our local Menards Store this evening we along with our grand daughter saw a Panther straight truck sitting in the parking lot. As we went past it we saw the driver outside urinating on the parking lot!!!! Truck # 32403 of course I had to stop to let him know of my disgust for his inappropriate behavior. My next comment will be made Panther. So if you see this wonderful individual watch where you step near his truck # 32403

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
A few years ago there was almost a weekly report here of this kind of activity.

Disgusting.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: vandriver2

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Theres all ways a plastic jug in ur truck, personally a portapotty would be best ,ive got one comes in very handy
in emergency it cost me 3 bucks once a week at flying j.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I make a point of stopping for sleep at rest-stops and truck-stops specifically because they have rest-rooms. How hard can it be to walk from your vehicle to the men's room and do the job right? Wetting the parking-lot next to your vehicle just makes you look like a pig and gets you invited never to stop there again.

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
While leaving our local Menards Store this evening we along with our grand daughter saw a Panther straight truck sitting in the parking lot. As we went past it we saw the driver outside urinating on the parking lot!!!! Truck # 32403 of course I had to stop to let him know of my disgust for his inappropriate behavior. My next comment will be made Panther. So if you see this wonderful individual watch where you step near his truck # 32403

Certainly there's no excuse for that.

Though, there's are certain medical conditions that can cause an urge incontinence. An urge to urinate can occur unexpectedly and uncontrollably. It can be very embarrassing.

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
When seeing post like this I wander who the real pervert is the one doing it or the one who has to tell everybody

Reactions: Turtle

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
When seeing post like this I wander who the real pervert is the one doing it or the one who has to tell everybody

I don't think pervert is the right descriptor; I'd characterize it more along the lines of disgusting pig. In answer to your question, The one doing it! Hands down. If I witnessed it, I'd have already called Panther.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If I witnessed it, I'd have already called Panther.
I'd certainly call Panther before I posted his truck number on a public forum. But if I called Panther, are they supposed to punish the guy on my sayso? It's just an unsubstantiated allegation that I can't prove (which is why I certainly wouldn't post such a thing on a public forum). I could have a personal issue with that driver and just make it up that he's peeing on the lot and call it in just to try and get him in trouble.

I really doubt that I'd even call the carrier over something like that. I've certainly seen it happen enough times and haven't called anyone yet. In the grand scheme of things, it just ain't that big a deal.

Back when I was with Con-Way NOW we had the CWN phone number on the sides and rear of the trucks. One night as I was driving up I-55 in Arkansas with the cruise set on 55 MPH with 2 days to get to Kokomo, someone with nothing better to do called in and reported me as driving erratically as if I was drunk, speeding up in excess of 80 MPH and then slowing down to less than 40 MPH, weaving in and out of traffic, and and not being able to stay in my lane. I was also, apparently when I was driving in excess of 80 MPH, putting my bright lights in people's rear view mirrors when they didn't move over and get out of my way fast enough.

Of course, I was doing none of those things, as Safety informed me that the satellite update positions clearly showed that every time the QC checked in for the previous 3 hours I was going between 50-60 MPH, except for the one hour just before the call was made that showed me parked at a Chinese restaurant in Blytheville, but she had to call and check on me, anyway. Said people call in false reports like that all the time.

Then there was the time someone posted online that I was running in the winter in the snow with four bald tires, which wasn't even a little bit true, but Panther saw it, or was called and told about it, and had me transfer my 1500 mile load to a crossdock until I had gone to a place of their choosing and had my vehicle inspected at an out-of-pocket expense of $50. Panther was satisfied with the inspection, apologized for having me do it, but in the meantime they'd given my load to another driver and it was 4 days before I got another load, for less than 300 miles. Panther never even reimbursed me for the $50 like they promised. So they weren't THAT sorry for having me do it.

So you want to be careful about calling in or posting something that you can't substantiate.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Theres all ways a plastic jug in ur truck, personally a portapotty would be best ,ive got one comes in very handy
in emergency it cost me 3 bucks once a week at flying j.

Is that what it costs to dump your Porta Potty? I used to use jugs and then empty them out in the restroom, but I hated to do that. I have never urinated in a truck stop, or any parking lot for that matter. I did however stop and do that on an on ramp a few times (I did it in the grass) when I was a green tractor trailer driver. I don't do that anymore. I'm trying to get a good system down for when I return to the road.

How does the Porta Potty work? How do up dump it? Does it smell in between the time when you use it and dump it? I have also read about using a bucket and kitty litter. Any of these options are way better than urinating in the parking lots. Also, I despise drivers who throw their jugs on the side of the road. Those things build up gas and will explode when cleanup crews have to go out there and pick them up. You would figure with this kind of problem going on for so many years, the entire industry would come together to figure out a good way to end it. What are your suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator: