Pilot and Flying J no longer....

canesman07

Seasoned Expediter
Putting points on rewards cards for cargo vans that get GAS!!!!!! Memo went out Monday to no longer add points. I guess they do want our business. Petrol and TA here I come.

idtrans

Expert Expediter
I refuse to fuel at pilot and J's they are over priced, dirty, and rude and slow terrible service !

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
PFJ is the only reasonable way to get a free shower. What are they up to now otherwise, $12?

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I think this reported change that never happens is reported every 60 days on here.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
From what I've been told by managers that seem to have a CLUE whats going on, is that we still get the 1/2 shower credit for 14 or more gallons of gas purchased at one time BUT no points on card. Unless a manager hand loads points on card at register after your gas purchase. Sometimes cashiers will look at my receipt and say whoops it didn't load your points and will swipe my card again and load on points manualy. I just smile when they do this because they also just gave me another 1/2 shower credit. Every once in awhile, i still run across a cashier who will tell me gas purchases don't give shower credits, so instead of standing there and trying to draw them a picture i just ask them to swipe my card so i can be on my way.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
If this is true...what about Sprinters who get diesel from the front pumps, and not the back or side semi pumps? Will they differentiate those?

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
If this is true...what about Sprinters who get diesel from the front pumps, and not the back or side semi pumps? Will they differentiate those?

Who cares?....if .20 is going to make a difference whether they are successful or not...they are in big trouble before...
ya all quit your whining....gee whiz... keep in mind these places don't have to give you nuttin....wanna a reward? I'll get ya a Sheriffs badge...LOL

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter

I always fuel in back with the big trucks. I can sywpe my payback card don't have to worry about bugging they about putting my showers or points on my card Some times they don't have diesel up front.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Yes they do,,At least until they change it.
Right now policy is they have to give me shower credit.
They have to accept my 15,000 credit points when I decide to cash em in.
I hate the pilot and use the J for my showers when possible..
I just wish there was something @ the truck stops worth 15,000 points. :eek:

When ya order those badges Ill take one,,Brushed alum or Bronze is fine..

(Edit,,Keep the badge I just reread and seen your talking bout Vans.)

Last edited:

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
How many points equal a dollar ? I think I got 300. Probably won't be enough to buy a cookie at subway LOL

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
The thing I enjoyed the most about spending the summer in a straight was that I didn't have to go to Pilot or Flying J. Petro has nicer showers.

Of course now that I'm back home I have better showers, and I don't have to pay $10 or buy fuel to take one.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Yeap, Sprinters and diesel Rabbits for that matter can fuel in the back...well fueling the Rabbit back there might a mess, and even when fueling the Sprinter, you have to keep an eye on the nozzle...

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Who cares?....if .20 is going to make a difference whether they are successful or not...they are in big trouble before...
ya all quit your whining....gee whiz... keep in mind these places don't have to give you nuttin....wanna a reward? I'll get ya a Sheriffs badge...LOL

Well, for those of us who actually shower regularly on the road, the loyalty reward program that includes showers is appreciated.