One Man Fight to Save the Expedited Trucking Industry

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
Don't hold me up to the light.I hope I can make difference or try. There more to this than how feel about it.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Thanks for making me the bad guy. Why is issue so personal to some? This issue is a sore subject. Now you want me to shut up and go way because It easy to look the other way. ... This really the wrong place get any support if you don't want help yourself or others it okay. Believe I don't want you on my Bandwagon! What a debate Lions 7 the Christians 0.

There are two things you can do that will make a difference: (1) make reports as I described above and (2) organize, teach and motivate others to do the same.

What does not work is to spend a lot of time thinking about what other people think about you. Activists who disrupt the status quo always encounter opposition and they have the ego strength to proceed through it. They don't care what the masses think. They focus on the result they are out to produce. This is not an election where you need a majority to win. You don't need the masses to believe in you. You only need a small number of people to believe in the cause.

It helps to give people something specific to say yes to; in this case, a specific action to take (call it in). The lack of response so far is not about you. It's about the lack of something specific for people to say yes to and the lack of someone to show like-minded expediters the way to take action on this issue.

Suggested suggestion steps are provided in my posts above. While there are certainly other things you can do, I know of none that will be more effective.

man of truth

New Recruit
Now I think I know how Gen Custer felt when looked up and saw all those Indians in that valley.Some of you think all want to do is ***** about the issue we face in our industry in today market.I promised no to say where they came from or what color there trucks are. I've never been a leader( don't want to be) I"m a follower type. I stopped in Dallas last week and that truck I saw in Eagle Pass a few weeks earlier was there and my blood pressure when up.That truck was loaded with (8),500lbs skids heading for Portland, Or.He left the L/Z with the bumper almost drawing the pavement.I was sure he wouldn't make it,but there it was.That day there where 10 trucks being loaded and I was the only one had a name on it. To make a long story short I started taking photos of these trucks,every where I go and they there I get a glossy.I stopped later in the week and there was a 16' unit getting fuel,little heavy in the rear it was from Ohio and I notice the tag wasn't Commercial. How ever he did have duct tape on the rear view mirror to hold it on.I keep thinking how does this happen. Here goes I spent a hour and a half on hold to to talk to Steve Summers at Truckin Radio last week.I like to think it when well,he was not aware that what happening out here on our roads,he agreed that this matter needs to be address.As luck has it I got a drop call on my cell from being on hold so long.I called back and there were callers ahead of me however they told me to Email Steve.I requested that he devote a show to this subject like they did Baltimore and Cleveland.I forwarded all my glossy (photos) so he could get a view that we see when seat for days hoping for a load....I'm hoping to hear from Steve Summers soon.If anybody of can help me in anyway with advice and who we should connect I well press forward. Save your comments and one liner digs for your buds.This not a ***** rant or what where.We are all in this together.
you are right we were in this together until the great greed factor took over just like it always does. but here is another good one for you in the greed factor. {DELETED} started out giving me loads making decent money and i had an agreement up front before i ever started to have my ckecks overnited to me once a week and i would pay for it.well that went fine for a little while and then i get a phone call from {DELETED} saying that the cost on overnite had double(they didn't offer direct deposit) so i said ok lets do pryority mail like i send you every week. it's 5.75 and he said ok but he would have to charge me 10.00 to take it by the post office so i said ok.well i sat for almost 2 weeks trying to get a load and couldn't so i left the company and {DELETED} decides to just keep my last check to pay for something he wanted and before that he tried to talk me into giving the company 30% of my pay each week to pay for the fuel in there company trucks(guess what my answer was) so help me spread the word on what kind of company and people they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: OntarioVanMan

schwanman

Expert Expediter
What I'm starting to see are old yellow Penske trucks with dual wheels and stickers 10,000 on door. I got curios and asked to see plate on door jam. Sure enough plate gone rivots still there.

schwanman

Expert Expediter
Deadhead
Are you suggesting taking a picture of truck, plates, and sending to local state trooper post with location?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
What I'm starting to see are old yellow Penske trucks with dual wheels and stickers 10,000 on door. I got curios and asked to see plate on door jam. Sure enough plate gone rivots still there.
Starting to see? U been asleep for the couple years? Lol
Those ole yellow ones are starting to disappear and they are buying up the old 05-06 sprinters instead ... Tons of them mostly Illinois played too

Reactions: xiggi

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Honestly it does seem like there are less of the yellow trucks around now than a couple years ago. Don't think the guys are gone just migrating to other vehicles.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

sbarrett

Expert Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
Fleet Owner
Don't hold me up to the light.I hope I can make difference or try. There more to this than how feel about it.
Deadhead, I'll join your fight..tell me what you need me to do! My name is Steve Barrett with Barrett Directline Delivery Services, Inc out of Bentonville, AR.
My email is [email protected]
Send me pics and I'll spread the word.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
While I think it's important to report trucks running illegally and get them off the road, let's at the least not paint all the Eastern European drivers with one broad brush. In my time on the road I met plenty of good honest folks from that part of the world and we even have worked with a couple Russian owned carriers who are running legally and honestly. Maybe a few bad Russians are tainting the whole lot it seems like.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
While I think it's important to report trucks running illegally and get them off the road, let's at the least not paint all the Eastern European drivers with one broad brush. In my time on the road I met plenty of good honest folks from that part of the world and we even have worked with a couple Russian owned carriers who are running legally and honestly. Maybe a few bad Russians are tainting the whole lot it seems like.
considering the last small carrier to go belly up that blasted these pages, was a good ole fashion American that ripped his drivers...

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Was not a joke but not a threat either (unless your snitching on me) just be sure to engage brain when talking to cops. It's best just to let them do their job without snitching.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Was not a joke but not a threat either (unless your snitching on me) just be sure to engage brain when talking to cops. It's best just to let them do their job without snitching.

I'd say it depends on the situation. Trying to get folk into trouble over minor violations because they're the hated "ferriners" is one thing. I agree with you there. On the other hand, if I KNOW that a truck is seriously unsafe and I say nothing, somebody may die because that truck isn't stopped.

Reactions: coalminer

mccll01

Active Expediter
Researching
Yesterday, route 23 South of Chillicothe, Ohio... Followed a Sprinter with no badging, loaded so heavy it looked like he was a jet taking off. I AM Not saying that this was someone from another country or even an expediter, could of been a local. Really does not matter, still looked bad.

Reactions: sbarrett

sbarrett

Expert Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
Fleet Owner
So, it's a threat IF I "snitch" on you?
Well, if you are not doing anything wrong, you shouldn't have a problem. If you are, stay out of my way. We are all competing against this..it's not a personal attack.
Deadheads concern is very valid, and should be addressed loud and proud!!