No Forced Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
IC's have no customers! Yes finally someone agrees!

turtle was trying to compare other fields of work with a dispatch/IC thing. which made no sense. that's why I was asking. You don't dispatch a haircut. But you as a hairdresser can refuse. You as a builder can turn work down. So what. So what if you say no 100 times.

Taxi's are dispatched, I used to do that. Some buses are. Some exterminating services are. I would venture to guess that there are LOTS of businesses that use some sort of dispatch system.

Of course I have a 'customer' it is FDCC.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
layoutshooter? what are you talking about? volunteering has nothing to do with business. what are you talking about? Besides I know who those guys are. They set their own fires to put out. etc ha ha

More then 80% of the drivers I see look like complete dirtballs. So how is that good customer service? clean your truck/van and get a shower.

It doesnt take insults to disagree with someone.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Come on blizzard...the reason they don't broker out many loads is because they don't have many shippers. Almost every load I hauled while at Load 1 was a 3rd party or 4th party load. They are just getting the junk loads and overflow from other carriers!

Howard you honestly have so much to learn. We broker hundreds of loads a week. But it seems you think you as a driver for a contractor know more about our business than we do. I am trying to be nice. Turn down a lot of loads at any carrier and you will see it may not be forced dispatch but it is also not a forced business relationship either. If I tell my customer no enough they will choose not to do business with me. I respect your thoughts but as a driver for a contractor I think you have a lot to learn.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
layoutshooter? what are you talking about? volunteering has nothing to do with business. what are you talking about? Besides I know who those guys are. They set their own fires to put out. etc ha ha

More then 80% of the drivers I see look like complete dirtballs. So how is that good customer service? clean your truck/van and get a shower.

Hey, you are the one that said no other fields have a dispatch system, not me.

Libel is NOT a good thing. I suggest you don't partake in it. Someone might sue you. I would be happy to testify for them.

80% are dirt bags? That does not match up with ANYTHING I see out here. Why are you here if you don't like us?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
It doesnt take insults to disagree with someone.

I agree. No need to take something there like that. Debate is fine but stuff like that shows ones true character.

charlie4477

Seasoned Expediter
Well John...I've prob been in this business as an owner op as long as you have. And I'm telling you that almost every load I hauled for your company was a 3rd party load. Now you can try to make it look like it's all sunshine and lollypops at your company..but I was lied to..you do not run a no forced dispatch company. Here's an example of me turning down a load...I sat for a week on the east coast...right across from NYC. Finally got a load offer to pick up in Allentown. Get to the shipper and they say...hey we told those ppl a month ago we don't ship that load anymore. Finally dead head to youngstown..and get offered a load going back to Maryland. Now really...did you think I should have taken that load...or the 250 mi run before that after I had just dead headed 400 miles? I',m being nice too...I'm not saying what i'd really like to say to you. I was already at landstar and came over to your company to drive for an owner because I believed your ad you run about no forced dispatch. I don't need a bunch of kids that have never driven a truck trying to tell me where I need to take loads to in order to stay in a freight lane. I tried it your way and ended up on the east coast 7 days where u have no customers...in northern Iowa 4 days where u have no customers and in Mo where it's hit and miss on maybe your dispatchers finding a load off the internet...which backo did paying $1.05 mile to the truck....so I appreciate you trying to be nice...but I'm still ****ed off...but staying nice!

jamespope

Not a Member
layoutshooter...you cannot compare any of those fields with dispatch/expedting. totally different....football and baseball are sports. both have a ball. but so what?

one's true character? You have bad dispatchers..(or maybe questionable practices)..what's that say about you? why take a personal stance if someone says no? even if it's 100 in a row?

You should have a zero tolerance policy with dispatchers that pull that crap. So what's that say about you? I don't know you, you might be a nice guy, smart? don't know. But you shouldn't be on this site writing stuff. Tells me a lot about you, your time, your position, your exposure. since your on here.....do you agree that dispatch should put someone out of service for turning down a load? put someone on bottom of list if turning down a load?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
layoutshooter...you cannot compare any of those fields with dispatch/expedting. totally different....football and baseball are sports. both have a ball. but so what?

one's true character? You have bad dispatchers..(or maybe questionable practices)..what's that say about you? why take a personal stance if someone says no? even if it's 100 in a row?

You should have a zero tolerance policy with dispatchers that pull that crap. So what's that say about you? I don't know you, you might be a nice guy, smart? don't know. But you shouldn't be on this site writing stuff. Tells me a lot about you, your time, your position, your exposure. since your on here.....do you agree that dispatch should put someone out of service for turning down a load? put someone on bottom of list if turning down a load?

I don't have any dispatchers. I have only one truck, mine. That's it. End of sked. AR AR. DIT DIT AR K.

charlie4477

Seasoned Expediter
And if you broker 100's of loads every week..why the heck do you have trucks sitting around all over with no freight for days at a time?...just curious

jamespope

Not a Member
No insult on the dirtball thing if it's true? I said 80%...not all. Anyone can see it. It's not an insult it's a fact. I love to drive. I don't know why. I drive 300-400 miles just to drive. But I have another profession too. It's nice to bounce back and forth. And totally opposite fields. I don't hate any of you. But the same people always jump an outsider. Tired of it. You people are crazy!

jamespope

Not a Member
Charlie I met a team that the same thing happened to at Load1. They had nothing bad to say. Just said Load1 was playing games if they said no to a load. So they left. I would too. Shows true character of a company.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No insult on the dirtball thing if it's true? I said 80%...not all. Anyone can see it. It's not an insult it's a fact. I love to drive. I don't know why. I drive 300-400 miles just to drive. But I have another profession too. It's nice to bounce back and forth. And totally opposite fields. I don't hate any of you. But the same people always jump an outsider. Tired of it. You people are crazy!

There is no need to be insulting other members in here. If you don't like it here, please feel free to leave. If you chose to play, play nice.

charlie4477

Seasoned Expediter
Thx James...I hate for ppl to think I'm making this stuff up. John and his little cheer leading squad can make up whatever they want to...everything I've said on here is the truth as I see it. I would hate to see anybody else leave a company they're with thinking they're going to a non forced dispatch company with Load 1 only to find out later they screwed up and have to move again.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Charlie I met a team that the same thing happened to at Load1. They had nothing bad to say. Just said Load1 was playing games if they said no to a load. So they left. I would too. Shows true character of a company.

I do have to say load1 has one of the lowest turnover rates in expediting and a large waiting list. They must be doing something right.

charlie4477

Seasoned Expediter
hmmmm how about because when you go into the shipper and tell them you're with Load 1 and there to pick up such and such load...they look at you like you're crazy and say we don't have anything for Load 1. Do you have a pick up number? So you call dispatch and dispatch says I have to call the customer and I'll get back to you asap. Then they call back and say here's the number tell them you're picking up for lollypop express or whoever....that's how.

jamespope

Not a Member
Well I hear a lot of good things about load 1. So that's good. But I wonder when people are blinded by news of wrongdoings. They just look the other way. Ha Ha Everyone for themselves!

jamespope

Not a Member
waiting on john to answer. I don't even know why he thinks it's a good idea to be on this forum? no good can come of it. "it is better to be feared then to be loved"

Status
Not open for further replies.