New BCS Scanners

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
They DO NOT. Pay $11.00 per envelope.
We had been hoping for the scanners to arrive soon.

After talking it over, the value to us is not very high.

Ok if not $11.45 than ?...I love the scanner, I have been using one for 4 years now. It is a "NEAT" ...real small and a very powerful tool & it looks very similar than the one on the Qualcomm web site. Just a different color. I have also noticed that the printer option on the c-link is for a HP H470 or similar which I also already have and use.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
About 5 years ago when we had the good QC that had a reasonable keyboard the actual cost per week according to Qualcomm for a "small fleet" (3 trucks) would have been roughly $64 per month per truck. I have to believe there might be discounts to fleets of 1000 or more but perhaps not. In any event, when paying roughly $150 per month for a roughly $64 actual cost, leaving a profit of $80 a month to my carrier, I'd say what I'm willing to pay extra is $0. Any added cost to them should be offset by the reduced cost of trippak. Anything above the trippak savings can come out of the monthly profit from the overcharging on the QC fee.

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
I have a scanner at home already. If they would just allow ppwk to be emailed I could just scan my ppwk and email it instead of getting the clink involved. And why by a scanner when their goal is to
go paperless eventually. Depending when they paperless, I might not save the fuel cost of driving to a tripak box. For now, I'm not going to buy this scanner.