Need help please! 28cplm????

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Maverick: could you elaborate on the 'break downs right & left' comment? Every truck breaks down, [this one was in the shop for 3 days the other week, getting 2 fuel injectors replaced], but a whole lot of downtime is a red flag: it's a crummy truck, or it's not maintained properly.
Also: hotels? Is that like, a regular thing? Or part of the breakdown problem? I get the impression that you drive for an owner, if so, hotels while the truck is brokedown should be his expense, not yours.
I take a break now & then for indoor plumbing & cable tv, but it's not a serious dent in the budget, so what's up with that?
:confused:

Hi Cheri

How many breakdowns are acceptable? I've been out 5 months with no less than 5 breakdowns. My logs would bare this out. Who babysits this broken truck...but the driver?

Your right about the indoor plumbing and getting away from the truck. It is MY choice to get a second room and there's reason for that. Teaming is tough and I do not wish to spend time in a hotel room with someone I'm crammed in a truck with all week.

Hopefully things smooth out in the coming weeks. However, the wheels are spinning on getting ahead in any way shape or form.

Last edited:

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Whoa, lot's of good newbie advice here. I guess I'm leaning toward the high end with skyraider. It will keep this fleet owner on his feet - no doubt.

Cacique

Active Expediter
Ok guys thanks everybody for the tips and comments.

Start tomorrow 9/13.

Ill be going to NC from ATL. :D:D

GO DAWGS!!!

Last edited:

ccouch

Active Expediter
You can't live off of that. Most of the tome if you are driving someone elses vehicle it 20-40 percent of revenue minus FSC.