Moving?

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Am I the only one that keeps getting messages while on a run that say, "Moving?", "Please send 08 if stopped" or "current location please"?
One would think that with this modern QC and $35 a week charge that they would know where we are and if we are moving.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Nope. I've had this discussion with them. What I was told is if you poll twice in the same city within an hour or so while on a run, it triggers an alarm. So heavy traffic, slowing you down going round a major city can easily trigger the alarm.

And sometimes, its just a satellite line of site/cell tower signal. Running in mountainous areas, I get "lost" to them now and then..

Dale

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

xracer

Seasoned Expediter
No your not the only one. But when it really waters you off when your 4 hours ahead of schedule and you stop to take a nap in the wee hours of the morning and right when you get to sleeping good that BS starts. But someone thinks its more inportant to wake you up and start sending you "are you moving" messages than it to let you get your rest. Who is really in charge of the safety department? The driver of the truck of course! They seem to think fleet messages are more important than a driver getting some rest. GEEZZZZ

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, get them all the time. Even when we are NOT in the same city for an hour. Not all that long ago they "lost" us for about 5 hours. They had NO idea where we were. We were just south of the SC line heading north on I95. They had us in Orlando, FL.

jj214

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I get them once in awhile. Since I am a single, responding requires finding a safe place to park. I would rather let them call me and here get the information via phone. I am finding more often, the pick-up times do not match up with the actual time required to make the pick-up. I ask for the pu time to bump when I get in the van, but more often than not, no change is made and I get the "are you at the pu?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
No your not the only one. But when it really waters you off when your 4 hours ahead of schedule and you stop to take a nap in the wee hours of the morning and right when you get to sleeping good that BS starts. But someone thinks its more inportant to wake you up and start sending you "are you moving" messages than it to let you get your rest. Who is really in charge of the safety department? The driver of the truck of course! They seem to think fleet messages are more important than a driver getting some rest. GEEZZZZ

When stopping send an 08 and you should not get these messages. The computer generates alerts and this is one of the biggest alerts they get and check on immediately.

That is why we get the messages like Dale has mentioned when stuck in a traffic jam for a long period of time.

The bottom line is they need to know the freight is safe and you have safely stopped and are not being hijacked.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
When stopping send an 08 and you should not get these messages. The computer generates alerts and this is one of the biggest alerts they get and check on immediately.

That is why we get the messages like Dale has mentioned when stuck in a traffic jam for a long period of time.

The bottom line is they need to know the freight is safe and you have safely stopped and are not being hijacked.

I agree with the above, but we get them all the time while we are moving. This great new QC should be able to track us.
We have started sending a message every time we stop that says "Our current loaction is .....". Then 10 minutes later we get a "Moving ?" message.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I agree with the above, but we get them all the time while we are moving. This great new QC should be able to track us.
We have started sending a message every time we stop that says "Our current loaction is .....". Then 10 minutes later we get a "Moving ?" message.

If you do not send the message as an 08 it will not stop the computer from sending alerts to the dispatchers. The alerts take precedence over free form messages.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
But an 08 is an Express Center Check in. If I am moving I don't want to check in.
Maybe I should try sending a 15. I wonder if that would help?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
The 08 was for the comment about stopping to sleep. Dreamer had an idea for if you are moving. I wonder how good your QC signal is prior to getting the messages.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We have been getting the same msgs on a regular basis. Have even had part of of Clink replaced once since the new one was put in. It seems that there may be a problem, maybe the new upgrades we just got a fleet msg on will fix these things. I will say that we have had far more problems with FDCC not knowing where we are or not knowing what our temp in the box is since all the new systems have been installed. It does not make sense, unless they tried to get to fancy with the systems. Simple works better.

JimF51

Seasoned Expediter

Seems odd that many other companies are doing just fine, without all this msg nonsense, and using the old Qualcomm systems.

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
We get a chuckle from the " rear door is open " really, closed door ,locked door ,sealed door,made departure call. With in an hour we will get this message while driving down road.We also get a message asking us what our current tempature is,but if we go out of range by 1 degree + or - we get a message wanting to know why we are out of range.So they don't know what my current tempature is,but know if i'm out of range.Theses are things that make you go hhmmmmmmmmm?