MotorKote or Marvel Mystery OIl

greg334

Veteran Expediter
From some guy at Mobile-Exxon at their R&D lab;

"do you seriously think we wouldn't be adding this stuff to our oil if it was worth anything?"

He explained the MILLIONS and MILLIONS of dollars that the company spends on research of oil products, and still they spend millions on research of other products which tells them what they are missing.

I think Lucas and other "additives" don't do much if anything. There isn't a bit of proof that they actually help, they may with an oil leak by thickening up oil but outside of that, the oil used today compared to the oil used 40 years ago when Lucas came out is completely different and nothing is needed.

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
It goes 6500 on the first gallon, then starts using a gallon every 1000? Hmmm...

Well, Lucas does thicken the oil. I just don't think using a bit of oil is that big a deal. But trading the cost of some added oil for the cost of Lucas is one way to handle it.

I said I add a gallon of Lucas when I change my oil. I change around 10000. As long as I use Lucas, it will not use any oil between oil changes. I did not say it will use a gallon of oil every 1000. I said I will have to add oil every 1000 after about 6500 without Lucas. It may cost more in long run. I have never figured that side of it. It works for me and I like the confidence of knowing my oil level is OK. And yes, I still check it all the time even though I know it should be fine. Again, I don't know what the difference is, but I know it helps.