Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've seen our own Lawrence try to dance at one expo...LOL
12974516_1007116316002066_6100569990996998417_n.jpg

Was that like the 2-step shuffle on EO .....:p

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Victim of a game here. Get a shortie, Rock Island to Chitown. First it cancels because it's hazmat. Then suddenly it's back on because it magically lost weight, dropping below 1000 lbs. Then it cancels again because they didn't wanna pay the originally agreed to rate. The second cancellation happens 5 minutes before I go on site, so no tonu. Thirty miles and 90 minutes wasted. As it turns out, I got on site anyway, and there was no non-dock-high doors. All this garbage because someone was trying to ship on the cheap. Well I hope whomever they get to run this load cleans up on it :mad:

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Well maybe Murray picked up a new client .... if You do a good job on delivery .... ;)

Not a new one but certainly not a frequent one. They are usually way too cheap. But when you're the only truck in TC and the freight NEEDS to be on a plane ASAP they loosen the purse strings a bit.
I kick myself for not going in $25 higher.
Sometimes that GM freight is just too hot to wait!!

Reactions: hazmat and ntimevan

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Victim of a game here. Get a shortie, Rock Island to Chitown. First it cancels because it's hazmat. Then suddenly it's back on because it magically lost weight, dropping below 1000 lbs. Then it cancels again because they didn't wanna pay the originally agreed to rate. The second cancellation happens 5 minutes before I go on site, so no tonu. Thirty miles and 90 minutes wasted. As it turns out, I got on site anyway, and there was no non-dock-high doors. All this garbage because someone was trying to ship on the cheap. Well I hope whomever they get to run this load cleans up on it :mad:

5 mins out does NOT mean no TONU. That's poor negotiating skills by your pimp(s).
Not trying to knock them but I don't approve.
We've actually gotten TONU for HOLDING a truck an hour that didn't move.
Granted, we certainly didn't push for much at all. But it's kind of the principle of the thing when every minute lost is potentially another load lost.

IMHO, of course.

Reactions: hazmat

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
So much for policy ....one GM load in an undecaled van...:p

Guy on the phone fessed up to just bid with the note "van has magnetic but professional logos" and that IF they need the truck they'll gladly use the truck.
But if NOT dropping at GM, like yours, no logos needed. It's a GM rule, not an Active rule. They just enforce.

Reactions: ntimevan