Largest sign on Bonus I've ever seen

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
The base rates starts out at $1.20 per miles with .05 increase for each thing you have. Are you a team, do you have a lift gate, can you go to Canada, do you have Hat Mat, are you government Cleared, is the truck a reefer. The best way to fined out is call 800-685-0657.

Bruno,
Is the nickel for each thing you have or for each time you use that thing?

Im thinking ya meant liftgate pay only enters into it when ya use liftgate. My carrier use to pay for air ride but no longer..all tho they still tell a recruit its avaible.
Just trying to clear up some confusion some may have,,Dont want to mislead anyone.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Bruno,
Is the nickel for each thing you have or for each time you use that thing?

Im thinking ya meant liftgate pay only enters into it when ya use liftgate. My carrier use to pay for air ride but no longer..all tho they still tell a recruit its avaible.
Just trying to clear up some confusion some may have,,Dont want to mislead anyone.

Just for clarification. The .05 is on all loads whether it is a liftgate load or not. Same with Hazmat or a team. Canada is a extra 130 to cross the border. DOD loads are a extra .30 per load. Probably have to call if you have a reefer. Several rates on those.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Just for clarification. The .05 is on all loads whether it is a liftgate load or not. Same with Hazmat or a team. Canada is a extra 130 to cross the border. DOD loads are a extra .30 per load. Probably have to call if you have a reefer. Several rates on those.

So the truck picks up the nickel for each load even if they dont use or need the lift gate? Same for Hazmat..Ya get extra for each load even if its not Hazmat?

Bear with me Im confused You guys must be union :)

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
I don't dispute that. I guess I am looking at it acrossed many trucks. Short of maybe Landstar (not really fleet friendly) most of the time to get to that number it seems you are adding axles, liftgates, reefers, and other expenses that I prefer not to mess with.

We have the lift gate, which isn't a huge game.changer, but more than pays for itself. We also have the extra axle, which I argue only means we can haul all of the Puerto Rican's crap, and a little freight as well. Actually, kind of shocking the D trucks that aren't really D trucks without the extra axle.

For the record, while I tease her incessantly, she politely reminds me that she's steamed lobster tails in a basket for me on the way to South Texas. In my own, twisted way, that makes our tag axle worth it. :)

Good discussion. And while I agree with you some extent, I also agree with Zorry. A D truck can do quite well here.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
So the truck picks up the nickel for each load even if they dont use or need the lift gate? Same for Hazmat..Ya get extra for each load even if its not Hazmat?

Bear with me Im confused You guys must be union :)

That is correct

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Reminds me of a load offer we got. They wanted us to hurry over to a shipper and make a pickup and take it to a cross dock for another truck to deliver. We had everything except a refer and secret clearance (wife is not a U.S. citizen). I asked why they need us to swap and was told it needed a Liftgate to deliver.
Conversation went kinda like this:

"I have a liftgate"

"No you don't"

"Yes I do"

"No you don't"

"You're kidding right? You don't think I know what equipment I have on the truck?"

"It doesn't say anything on here about a liftgate on your truck."

"Don't know why it's not listed, and right now I don't care, when I get to the shipper call them and confirm that I have a liftgate, But I won't be swapping the load if I pick it up."

I got the load and they did call the shipper to confirm the Liftgate. :D

Finally had to go to PII and have them take pictures of the liftgate to get my .05 per mile. :rolleyes:

easyrider2697

Expert Expediter
Ok..here is the info that everyone has been wanting to know about the $15,000 sign on bonus for Panther..from the information I got it was not supposed to start till March 1, but they have decided to go ahead and get ahead of the game and start now. This sign on bonus is for tractors and straight trucks only.

Tractor base rate
team solo
$8000/$3000
$1000/$500 fast card/canada
$1000/$500 hazmat
----------------
$10,000/$4000

Straight truck base rate
team solo
$8000/$3000
$1000/$500 fast card/canada
$1000/$500 hazmat
------------------
$10,000/$4000

In order to qualify for the other $5000 you will have to contact a recruiter for the final answer, its no hoop to jump thru, its just something that you either have or dont, and you cannot advertise about it.

There are stipulations of course in order to get the bonus and the requirements are as follows..you must complete either the stated miles or loads during the first 90 days in order to recieve the first half and the remaining loads in the last 90 days to get the last half.

This time around there is no requirement for in service time or accept percentages, you must have a 98% "on time" in order to recieve any or all of it..required loads are based on fleet averages and in my opinion are very easy goals to reach..remember its EITHER miles or loads ran during the period...numbers are as follows.

Team tractor
90 day/180 day
-------------
30 loads/60 loads
24k miles/48 k miles

Solo tractor
90 day/180 day
--------------
26 loads/52 loads
15 k miles/30k miles

Straight truck team
90 day/180 day
-------------
40 loads/80 loads
17k miles/34k miles

Straight truck solo
90 day/180 day
---------------
36 loads/72 loads
26k miles/52k miles

Hopefully this will answer most of the questions about this and if not feel free to contact any recruiter, they will be more than happy to answer or explain anything to you that you do not understand.

Last edited: