June Location with banter

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do you hold an envelope to your head when you do your predictions?:p

Nooo LOL....i read the news....gee whiz.....

PIERRE, S.D. - Governor Dennis Daugaard is strongly urging that all residents of the "Country Club" area in Dakota Dunes evacuate their homes by 11:59 PM on Friday, June 3, 2011. After the evacuation period ends, residents will not be allowed reentry and should assume that they will not be able to return for as long as two months.
The Army Corps of Engineers' schedule of water release remains unchanged. At Gavin's Point and Oahe dams, 85,000 cubic feet per second were being released Thursday. Gavin's Point will increase releases to 100,000 cfs Friday, and Oahe will follow suit on Saturday. Release levels will top out at 150,000 cfs by mid June.
South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard urged Dakota Dunes residents to remove their belongings, secure their property and evacuate by Thursday night. He said traffic is congested, as contractors are racing against time to build the levees.
"Safety is the most important thing at this time," he said. "We need to be careful that we do not become complacent, if the levees are holding. The force of the Missouri River is Mighty."

Last edited:

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Home in "my yard". I've mowed "my yard", weed eatered "my yard", raked "my yard", and passed out under a tree in "my yard".
I like John's "the yard" better. :eek:

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Home in "my yard". I've mowed "my yard", weed eatered "my yard", raked "my yard", and passed out under a tree in "my yard".
I like John's "the yard" better. :eek:

We were just up in your neck of the woods .... didn't know you were home .... you could have put the kettle on :D:p

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Glad you were able to get out Ray, two loads that is great! Congrats!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looks like 0/1..I lost the coin toss...LOL ..I''ll be heading to the "Yard" to get this QC fixed and get the big decals put on for Monday.....

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well picked up in park Forest Il going to Shelby Township mi. It was a coin toss load to accept but it is hard to tell dispatch no. Doesn't deliver until Monday, matter of fact protect time is noon. I decided to run home for the weekend, not that much out of the way with sprinter mileage. I can do laundry, catch up bills, refill the bp meds and see the daughter. Will probably head out Sunday night and delivery first thing Monday morning.

OVM you better play it safe and go out of service until the qc is fixed, maybe like 10 am Monday. :p

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well picked up in park Forest Il going to Shelby Township mi. It was a coin toss load to accept but it is hard to tell dispatch no. Doesn't deliver until Monday, matter of fact protect time is noon. I decided to run home for the weekend, not that much out of the way with sprinter mileage. I can do laundry, catch up bills, refill the bp meds and see the daughter. Will probably head out Sunday night and delivery first thing Monday morning.

OVM you better play it safe and go out of service until the qc is fixed, maybe like 10 am Monday. :p

Like that is going to happen....LOL is my name Guido? LMAO...

I'll just have them bypass me till I am done and keep my position intact Thanks for the kind thoughts tho buddy...:p

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If I ever get loaded here in Crossville,TN I will be heading to the yard...2 1/2 hours waiting to get loaded and not even started.....Hate when this happens...ready to drive not sit...my 5 hour energy drink will be done when its time to drive.....LOL..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Joe called with a paid move to Chicago tonight...so packing up the man cave now......zoom zoom....:D

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Can't believe it, truck broke down! We have been driving nonstop since Wed. from the yard in Taylor, to Cleveland,Oh to Washington State. We are 4 hours away from delivery point...mad:(

Repair shop originaly said they couldn't get part till Tuesday. We offered to rent vehicle go get part, 70 miles away. Then service shop agreed to come in, in the morning and fix the truck. The only mechanic qualified to work on it actually has day off tomorrow and owner is having him come in tomorrow in order to repair the truck. The owner is also supplying us with a vehicle so we can go and pick the part up.

If you are ever in Moses Lake, Washington State and need diesel repairs, stop in at Western Peterbuilt. Great service is given here!!!

rfields200

Seasoned Expediter
Can't believe it, truck broke down! We have been driving nonstop since Wed. from the yard in Taylor, to Cleveland,Oh to Washington State. We are 4 hours away from delivery point...mad:(

Repair shop originaly said they couldn't get part till Tuesday. We offered to rent vehicle go get part, 70 miles away. Then service shop agreed to come in, in the morning and fix the truck. The only mechanic qualified to work on it actually has day off tomorrow and owner is having him come in tomorrow in order to repair the truck. The owner is also supplying us with a vehicle so we can go and pick the part up.

If you are ever in Moses Lake, Washington State and need diesel repairs, stop in at Western Peterbuilt. Great service is given here!!!

sorry to here your truck broke down. other than that how was your trip to the great west coast?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

I had a good experience with the Freedom Truck Repair Center in Spokane, too - after Freightliner in Missoula misdiagnosed the problem.
It's good to know where the better service can be found. :)

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
sorry to here your truck broke down. other than that how was your trip to the great west coast?

It was good, I guess, we drove nonstop other than fueling.
We won't be making the delivery after all. The customer can't wait till we get there after repairs are completed. So they are sending another truck to take it the rest of the way. Really upsetting that we weren't able to finish, but is out of our control. We did everything we could. The check engine light came on and we changed a filter hoping to avoid this. We were able to drive it for 700 miles before the truck decided to give out on us, leaving us 230 miles to go.

We will be up and running tomorrow and will enjoy the weekend here. We know we will be out of Washington State by Wed. We have faith in dispatch.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
He just secretly wants the last stripe!
I like where Nick put his stripe...

A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as it's slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weekest at the back that are killed first. The natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general health and speed of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weekest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it kills the slowest and weekest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of alcohol eliminates the weeker brain cells, making the brain faster and a more efficient machine. And that, is why you always feel smarter after a few drinks. :)

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
This coming from Mr Guido Villa....changing shower heads and now wanting to rip doorways open.....you get paid to drive not reconstruction projects...lol...;)

What does this have to do with sitting on the toilet patiently, while waititng for things to "get moving", in anticipation?????Where is the connection? Reaching kinda far on this one, arent you?? lol....:)