June Location with banter

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Brrrrrrrr.....heat went off during the night...got icicles on my mustache....lol...

Morning gang....

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you two live birds are done may I post? :D

Ran a shorty this morning, Toledo to Monroe now at the yard.

This morning I get to the pickup a few minutes before 7, walk up the shipping office door and let the guy know I'm there and who I am picking up for. He nicely tells me it will be a couple minutes he is just getting started, of course I replied not a problem. Then this fine example of the American working class looks up at me with a completely serious look on his face and says... "as a matter of fact I am starting 4 minutes early"! Guess I should have went and got him breakfast for his outstanding effort of going above and beyond what the job required.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

This morning I get to the pickup a few minutes before 7, walk up the shipping office door and let the guy know I'm there and who I am picking up for. He nicely tells me it will be a couple minutes he is just getting started, of course I replied not a problem. Then this fine example of the American working class looks up at me with a completely serious look on his face and says... "as a matter of fact I am starting 4 minutes early"! Guess I should have went and got him breakfast for his outstanding effort of going above and beyond what the job required.

How a whole 4 minutes eh? it must have busted his butt to do that...did ya kiss his hiney for doing so? lol

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Took a shower this.morning. I guess I didn't move.enough, or.I am too short, the lights turned off on me. Happens everytime. I don't mind. Its kind of peaceful. Lol. Sitting watching tv. Wearing my hot pink Load1 shirt for the first.time.

guido4475

Not a Member
Took a shower this.morning. I guess I didn't move.enough, or.I am too short, the lights turned off on me. Happens everytime. I don't mind. Its kind of peaceful. Lol. Sitting watching tv. Wearing my hot pink Load1 shirt for the first.time.

That happens to me while sitting on the toilet in the men's room, indicating I've been on there too long! lol..:eek:

guido4475

Not a Member
You are not supposed to homestead....do your duty and leave....lol

I am finding out, as you may already have, that as we get older, there are certain things that cannot be rushed..and this is one of them...not to be inconsiderate in any way, towards others.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am finding out, as you may already have, that as we get older, there are certain things that cannot be rushed..and this is one of them...not to be inconsiderate in any way, towards others.

This coming from Mr Guido Villa....changing shower heads and now wanting to rip doorways open.....you get paid to drive not reconstruction projects...lol...;)

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Thanks for the laughs guys.

Sitting in the yard, getting ready to go to Wally World to get a cheap computer. My computer is having major issues. I need a computer wiz! But for now, We need to be able to pay our bills so need to get online to access accounts.

Tracy went to Dr. this morning, got another tube put in his ear. He can hear again, so happy, got tired of yelling and have to repeat everything others say to him.

Back in service, started this morning in 15th position, was in 11th about an hour ago. If we go home we could be in 4th position. Taking care of getting the bills paid first then check to where we are to decide what to do then.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

shadow7663

Expert Expediter

He was nicer than the rude person I had this morning. I cant get in the shipping door because it's locked so I watch the forklift operator through the window ( a very large window) make eye contact with me quickly then look away as if i am not there and he didn't see me. He proceeds to change the propane on the forklift all the while about 15 minutes goes by and he walks away. So I go find another door about 50 feet down walk in, stay on the yellow safety line, with my safety glassed, on and proceed to the shipping office. When this guy ( the same forklift operator) jumps out from behind some material and chews my behind for "touring" the plant!!!!!!!!!! Took everything I had not to say 1 word and smile, in fact I think it bothered him more that I just smiled at him....,, lol I hope he choked on his lunch!

Oh yeah I'm at home running locals this week. Daughter graduates Friday and her party is Sunday!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ran back down to Toledo this afternoon and grabbed a 50 lb box coming to Roselle IL. Hanging at wally world in Elk Grove now.

Jose in charge of the shipping dept at the delivery was a super nice guy. He had wanted a call with an eta while enroute so we had talked a couple time on the phone already today. When he signed the bol he wrote the date and it turned into a conversation about how fast time goes now days, then to how we spend so much of our time chasing money and taking no time to relax. He talked about being from Porti Rico and moving to Chicago at an earlier time in his life, how the pace is so extremly diferent between the two. He is spoke of his plans to retire in a few years and how he has decided to start taking the 9 weeks vacation he has saved up from chasing that money and begin enjoying life at a slower pace before it is to late to enjoy it.

It made me wonder how many interesting people with cross paths with each day but don't take the few minutes to find out.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Morning coffee here in Mitchell SD....did not need heat on last night...amazing what 350 miles can do weather wise...starting to feel that humidity tho as I get further east....

Guido's in Laredo sweating it out....in the DRY heat....LOL

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Weatherman said it was going to be more humid this morning than later on...68 degrees and 68 percent humidity here...feels kind of good on my sunburned skin from being outside all day yesterday.

Georgie Girl just tried to sneak in the house again..:)

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Morning coffee here in Mitchell SD....did not need heat on last night...amazing what 350 miles can do weather wise...starting to feel that humidity tho as I get further east....

Guido's in Laredo sweating it out....in the DRY heat....LOL

Did the dealer test your coolant fan on the a/c side before you left?