June 2015 Locations & Logic

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Me and Team CRE got skunked this weekend so far....what there was....was nothing worth bidding on...too low $$$ wise or way out to BFE and still too low $$$ wise...sometimes the load Gods can seem to be cruel...oh well...life goes on....:)

Attachments

• 1434208095716.jpg
    1434208095716.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 33

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I sat right there with my dog in the lounge...F'em when it's that missreablay hot I'm bringing the dog in...ESPECIALLY in your situation w/ no ac....
There was no problem or words at all. She just slept. The Bolt Driver's from Jamaica, Texas and Romania were alright. They finally acknowledged and spoke to me. Never a peep about my sleeping beauty.
All went well thanks.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
and that right there is 1 reason why I won't have a pet with me on the road....I'd love to have a dog..I've considered it many a time....I don't even have one on the homestead for fear I'll try to bring it with me on the road....and besides that I need a medium to larger dog. my preference....SD winters are hard on small dogs...

11401050_367750773413743_8940508100091236282_n.jpg
❤️❤️❤️ The Love of Your Life is JuJu. Mine is Maggie. I know you understand.

Reactions: jujubeans

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Best buy ...at some P/FJ locations 40 hours/ $ 50.....
Its like $ 2. an hour on less than 14 hours last time I was down there late last summer... but geez it sure felt good sleeping 11 hours straight during the daytime after driving all night....
$22 at Laredo's State Park....and $64 at a one yr. old Motel 6 off of 20 in Laredo.
If I ever run into trouble again in the future I'll do the Truck Stop Air Hook Up.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At the J in McCalla, AL. Pilot management should be embarrassed by this.

I thought this was cheesy, as well as the Subway where a decent restaurant should be. But today, I got stiffed for $10 by a clerk. With that, I am officially done with that particular J. Goodbye, McCalla.

Attachments

• 1434215345937.jpg
    1434215345937.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 53

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
At the J in McCalla, AL. Pilot management should be embarrassed by this.

I thought this was cheesy, as well as the Subway where a decent restaurant should be. But today, I got stiffed for $10 by a clerk. With that, I am officially done with that particular J. Goodbye, McCalla.
I stopped there last week or so.... It is crappy.... I only fuel nothing else
Oh yeah got one of them surveys after that visit and told them so

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I stopped there last week or so.... It is crappy.... I only fuel nothing else
Oh yeah got one of them surveys after that visit and told them so

Right? My big problem with TA/Petro is that it's nearly impossible to get showers for gasoline. Their system is set up strictly for diesel. Also, you can build up showers a lot faster on the PFJ card than on the TA card.

Took a room in Cullman for tonight. Tomorrow, I'll investigate the Petro next exit down :)

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This morning, while driving thru Lawrenceville IL, Saw kids and adults waving the car wash signs in the church parking lot next to the road.

I'm thinking....Nope. I ain't spending a dime. I'm just going to drive by without looking at
these folks.

As I approach the entrance to the church parking lot.....I blinked....turned my head. Two kids with the car wash signs were looking at me....no, thru me.

My van must have been out of alignment or something, b'cause it started to pull itself to the right and rolled right into the church parking lot, lol.

The next thing I knew, there must have been about 7 people surrounded my van with ladders and sponges. They were scrubbing and washing the van away.

They did an excellent job, the van looks bright and shiny and I thought I saw the Halo on the roof......Lol :)

Cost breakdowns:

Labor: No charge.
Materials: No charge.
Donations: $40 to help raise the money for the convention in OK City this August.

Glad I can help out.

Now Taylorville IL to King of Prussia PA, drop Monday:)

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This morning, while driving thru Lawrenceville IL, Saw kids and adults waving the car wash signs in the church parking lot next to the road.

I'm thinking....Nope. I ain't spending a dime. I'm just going to drive by without looking at
these folks.

As I approach the entrance to the church parking lot.....I blinked....turned my head. Two kids with the car wash signs were looking at me....no, thru me.

My van must have been out of alignment or something, b'cause it started to pull itself to the right and rolled right into the church parking lot, lol.

The next thing I knew, there must have been about 7 people surrounded my van with ladders and sponges. They were scrubbing and washing the van away.

They did an excellent job, the van looks bright and shiny and I thought I saw the Halo on the roof......Lol :)

Cost breakdowns:

Labor: No charge.
Materials: No charge.
Donations: $40 to help raise the money for the convention in OK City this August.

Glad I can help out.

Now Taylorville IL to King of Prussia PA, drop Monday:)
Some of my best van washes come from church kids!

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Roof top air conditioner stopped working. Hotel 6 Laredo pet friendly, phew!. 97 degrees yesterday. Had to act quickly for Maggie and me. Load today 2pm PU back to Ohio deliver Monday. Thankful.
Positives: got to stay in a beautiful, serene State Park and saw an Altimira Oriole twice and a black-tailed Jack Rabbit the size of Maggie! I had to run my air hard for two days...I feel the freon is depleted, but maybe something else going on if the Fan doesn't come on. Will see what Wayne can do for me n Mags.
Met a very nice couple at the Park named William and Teresa, O/O with Panther. They even brought fishing poles down with them. William educated me about a "Hard Start Capacitor", so that I could in the future maybe just use one Honda 2000 Generator to run the 13K BTU Air Conditioner. That would be wonderful!
Then Teresa told me there's an APP I can Download and use on my IPad for Transflo Express, to take a photo of my BOL and send them in to Bolt. No longer HAVING to drive to a Pilot, FJ or Love's!
Then to top it off they emailed me saying if I didn't find a pet friendly hotel come back to the Park and throw my mattress on their floor! I was humbled at their generosity and kindness. The things you learn. I'm glad they walked over to my van to say "Hello".
YA'LL have an even better Friday!
I'm sorry I got into Laredo Wed morning, and had a load back out at 10pm, swung thru Nashville on Thurs evening to see a friend, then had 2 Dr's appts on Fri morning here, I deliver Mon morning in Romeo, MI...I thought vandriver2 was headed that way, but then looked back and didn't see the post. I've been home since fri morning in Dayton, OH...but I can only guess I will be heading back to Laredo next week...have last few weeks

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Arrived at the Laredo Shipper, scheduled 2pm...moved up from 1pm.
Nope, freight still in Mexico,...may be 3-5 hours, don't know.
No Air Conditioning, can't idle my vehicle due to DPF. So, I head to Laredo Bolt's Driver's Lounge.
Never been there before, never needed nor wanted to be there honestly.
Bolt-Express is a Pet Friendly Carrier....Driver's are allowed their pets with them.
BUT, apparently the Driver's Lounges don't permit the Pets inside, per the sign on the inside of the door.
In my situation, with this heat, no air/no relief, it's a matter of survival and not suffering heat exhaustion for myself and mostly my sweet dog Maggie. She is a bother, a nuisance and cleaner/nicer than some people I have run across. Smile.
Every time I see pictures of your Maggie I see our Sammi. They look exactly alike! Same coloring, same face, same longer legs. The only difference is that Maggie looks about 3 pounds chunkier than Sammie at her heaviest. But hey, we all put a few pounds while on the road. Sammi never came out with me but she would have been a great road dog. Lyla our current dog would not do well on the road. She's too hyper and a butt bitter. She has a attempted to butt bite two expediters, BillG and ScottM. I think she did get a piece of Scott's butt. Nothing that couldn't be buffed out though.