June 2015 Locations & Logic

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Arrived at the Laredo Shipper, scheduled 2pm...moved up from 1pm.
Nope, freight still in Mexico,...may be 3-5 hours, don't know.
No Air Conditioning, can't idle my vehicle due to DPF. So, I head to Laredo Bolt's Driver's Lounge.
Never been there before, never needed nor wanted to be there honestly.
Bolt-Express is a Pet Friendly Carrier....Driver's are allowed their pets with them.
BUT, apparently the Driver's Lounges don't permit the Pets inside, per the sign on the inside of the door.
In my situation, with this heat, no air/no relief, it's a matter of survival and not suffering heat exhaustion for myself and mostly my sweet dog Maggie. She is a bother, a nuisance and cleaner/nicer than some people I have run across. Smile.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    969 KB · Views: 34

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Vandriver......Idleair behind Pilot....its Van freindly and window brackets and Idle-cards are free ....$25. will give you A-C...cable tv...internet...
Last time i used it down there...113° outside...68° inside my van....and what you don't use the balance stays on the card

Last edited:

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Vandriver......Idleair behind Pilot....its Van freindly and window brackets and Idle-cards are free ....$25. will give you A-C...cable tv...internet...
Last time i used it down there...113° outside...68° inside my van....and what you don't use the balance stays on the card
That's a GREAT idea, thank you, if I get into a bind again!!!
Winter loads for me and Laredo at think, when I have Miss Maggie.
Thanx for all the info...have to try it.

Reactions: ntimevan

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Best buy ...at some P/FJ locations 40 hours/ $ 50.....
Its like $ 2. an hour on less than 14 hours last time I was down there late last summer... but geez it sure felt good sleeping 11 hours straight during the daytime after driving all night....

That's not too bad, cheaper than a motel. I'll have to check that out next time :)

Reactions: ntimevan

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Haven't been in service since the holiday .. The wife has declared she wants me to come off the road permanently!

Sent from my flying circus
Man that's a tough one. If you can afford to do it, go for it....before you get attach to the road.

Some of the old timers that left the biz and went back home are still experiencing the expediting separation anxiety syndrome.

Once in a while they have to ask their wives for the permission to spend a night in a van in the Wal-Mart parking lot down the road...Lol.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Arrived at the Laredo Shipper, scheduled 2pm...moved up from 1pm.
Nope, freight still in Mexico,...may be 3-5 hours, don't know.
No Air Conditioning, can't idle my vehicle due to DPF. So, I head to Laredo Bolt's Driver's Lounge.
Never been there before, never needed nor wanted to be there honestly.
Bolt-Express is a Pet Friendly Carrier....Driver's are allowed their pets with them.
BUT, apparently the Driver's Lounges don't permit the Pets inside, per the sign on the inside of the door.
In my situation, with this heat, no air/no relief, it's a matter of survival and not suffering heat exhaustion for myself and mostly my sweet dog Maggie. She is a bother, a nuisance and cleaner/nicer than some people I have run across. Smile.

I sat right there with my dog in the lounge...F'em when it's that missreablay hot I'm bringing the dog in...ESPECIALLY in your situation w/ no ac....

Reactions: vandriver2

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
and that right there is 1 reason why I won't have a pet with me on the road....I'd love to have a dog..I've considered it many a time....I don't even have one on the homestead for fear I'll try to bring it with me on the road....and besides that I need a medium to larger dog. my preference....SD winters are hard on small dogs...

11401050_367750773413743_8940508100091236282_n.jpg

Last edited:

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
and that right there is 1 reason why I won't have a pet with me on the road....I'd love to have a dog..I've considered it many a time....I don't even have one on the homestead for fear I'll try to bring it with me on the road....and besides that I need a medium to larger dog. my preference....SD winters are hard on small dogs...
And your wife! I detest winters the way you detest Mississippi swelter! :eek: