July Location....and Dollas!!!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Another shorty...Fenton Mi to Oregon Oh....be empty by 0100...hopefully I can get something else yet this afternoon or evening....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Empty in Oregon, Ohio...Headin to lunch with Malcom, my driver in 192...should make him buy, but aftr all the time he has taken off, pretty sure theres not much cash in his bank account...:rolleyes:...so its on me...then home and wait for dispatch to get me loaded out of here yet today/tonight...BUT...bein the #6 sprinter in the area...welll guess we will just have to wait and see....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I emptied here at yard around noon....was #5....now #1...so things are moving along....hoping for an all nighter...:D

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
on our way to Wichita Falls, TX to pick up load to take to Oklahoma City, OK for delivery by 9am tomorrow. Beats sitting still in the heat.

Last edited:

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Well the minor emergency is taken care of. Two of the three ACs wasn't spitting out water. Usually its from a bag being sucked up. Had a diver come out yesterday, no bag. Did a haul out today and did some plumbing surgery. Sucked up about a 14" eel. Changed the strainer so that shouldn't happen again.

Gonna put the airtabs on in the am that I got at the EXPO.

The boss is off on Wed and Thur so will be back in service Fri morn. Would be nice to get a weekend load outta here. But anything will do.

See ya'll soon.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Was a good load, until I arrived at the shipper. They asked for a pu#, called dispatch & got 2, shipper didn't recognize either, call again, they have to see what they can find out from the customer. About an hour later a guy comes out to the truck to say there is no number, the freight was misdelivered. I finally got loaded, and they have NO paperwork - nada.
How does anyone receive freight without paperwork?! :eek:
Dispatch faxed a BOL for me, but after 2 hrs at the shipper, I didn't make it to consignee till 15 min after they all went home. Sigh. Delivered this morning, ready to go again.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Had a good lunch with my driver, my son and grandson!! Then home to do some work on the bunk in the van and now ready to "hit the road"....and low and behold, i am now # 2 behind OVM....:D

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Well the minor emergency is taken care of. Two of the three ACs wasn't spitting out water. Usually its from a bag being sucked up. Had a diver come out yesterday, no bag. Did a haul out today and did some plumbing surgery. Sucked up about a 14" eel. Changed the strainer so that shouldn't happen again.

Gonna put the airtabs on in the am that I got at the EXPO.

The boss is off on Wed and Thur so will be back in service Fri morn. Would be nice to get a weekend load outta here. But anything will do.

See ya'll soon.

Was this on a boat Ron? somehow the image of an eel getting sucked up in a house's ac is stretching my imagination! Although I used to have about a 12" fire eel in a fish tank...*l*

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Was this on a boat Ron? somehow the image of an eel getting sucked up in a house's ac is stretching my imagination! Although I used to have about a 12" fire eel in a fish tank...*l*

Yep, on a boat. We live on a boat here in Baltimore. Usually if something gets sucked up, we just start the engines and through her in reverse and the prop wash cleans it out. Not this time though. That bugger was up in it.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Yep, on a boat. We live on a boat here in Baltimore. Usually if something gets sucked up, we just start the engines and through her in reverse and the prop wash cleans it out. Not this time though. That bugger was up in it.

Ah....what a nice life! One of the guys I worked with got out of sales and went into captaining a boat...up and down the east coast..always envied him..

and another cousin lived on a houseboat out in San Diego...she's a landlubber now and really misses it.:)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Was a good load, until I arrived at the shipper. They asked for a pu#, called dispatch & got 2, shipper didn't recognize either, call again, they have to see what they can find out from the customer. About an hour later a guy comes out to the truck to say there is no number, the freight was misdelivered. I finally got loaded, and they have NO paperwork - nada.
How does anyone receive freight without paperwork?! :eek:
Dispatch faxed a BOL for me, but after 2 hrs at the shipper, I didn't make it to consignee till 15 min after they all went home. Sigh. Delivered this morning, ready to go again.

Ya know Staples sells blank BOLs? I have a pad of them...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ah....what a nice life! One of the guys I worked with got out of sales and went into captaining a boat...up and down the east coast..always envied him..

and another cousin lived on a houseboat out in San Diego...she's a landlubber now and really misses it.:)

Hey his houseboat is for sale...just don't ask the price...:eek:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

I offered to 'create' a BOL, but actually, faxing was the quickest part of the SNAFU - it was the search for "the [nonexistent] number" that took most of the time.

I keep forgetting to ask: where's the Quick Fuel that's near the yard? :confused:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

I offered to 'create' a BOL, but actually, faxing was the quickest part of the SNAFU - it was the search for "the [nonexistent] number" that took most of the time.

I keep forgetting to ask: where's the Quick Fuel that's near the yard? :confused:

If I said...Just up the road...would that help? LOL

Honestly I haven't a clue...

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Got to the delivery place tonight about 9:30pm due at 9:00 am tomorrow. But receiving is closed till 7:00 am tomorrow. So we are camping in their parking lot in next to their entrance gate for the night. We will be ready by 6:45am when they open up in the morning. Hopefully we will get a good long load tomorrow.

Currently in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. The last time I was down here was during the terrible snow storm in January. Trucks couldn't even climb entrance ramps without sliding down them. Now it is too hot to even get out of the truck. One extreme to another. That is living in the US for ya, best Country in the World!
Love it! :)

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
Cherry,the Quick fuel is on Harrison north of Goddard. Thake Inkster north out of the yard, left/west on Goddard, then north/right on Harrison. Go thru the stop sighn then its going to be about 100 yards on our left side. They have a really small sign on a pole that's partially covered by trees. Kind of a pain to find it the first time, TJ showed me where it is.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
dropped off my load at the yard from Laredo. Glad to get that load hog off the van. Had my first attempt at using the wash bay, got soaked, doing laundry now :eek: